NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

12 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Hmmm I guess the verses just have no hint of that to me. (Whereas Black Rain has clear references of tragedy/getting news that your kid died/monsters/etc.) 

The way I interpret that is:

Angel wings at the bus stop = innocence as a kid

Halo left on top of the bar = essentially losing that innocence as an adult, and leaving it all behind

And then because of that, "Heaven doesn't want me now."

Which makes more sense in context with their verses, where Mark is discussing us just being here to rot and Matt goes into a story about doing someone wrong. 

My interpretation is basically:

Angel wings at the bus stop = kids being killed to early due to mass shootings 

Halo left on top of the bar = adults being killed to early due to mass shooting 

And then because all these people have been killed too early, "Heaven doesn't want me now” because it’s not their time.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Matt Skiba Fan 666 said:

My interpretation is basically:

Angel wings at the bus stop = kids being killed to early due to mass shootings 

Halo left on top of the bar = adults being killed to early due to mass shooting 

And then because all these people have been killed too early, "Heaven doesn't want me now” because it’s not their time.

Ah that makes sense too! Hopefully another detailed "track by track" thingy comes out, always enjoy reading deeper insight from the band and how they arrived at the final product. (Side Note: Wish more bands would release demos/notes/thoughts on song creation after albums come out. Easy $$$ from hardcores for stuff that is just laying around.)

• Like 2