NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

2 hours ago, boxelder said:

i work in retail and we received some CDs this week...

that purple rain script on the back for the songs titles makes my eyes bleed. what's up with all this retro-eighties garbage? blink wasn't a band then and the vast majority of their current fans weren't even alive during that decade.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

5 hours ago, daveyjones said:

that purple rain script on the back for the songs titles makes my eyes bleed. what's up with all this retro-eighties garbage? blink wasn't a band then and the vast majority of their current fans weren't even alive during that decade.

Do you find it worse that they have the cables randomly thrown in to pretend it isn't digitally created? for some reason that makes it worse for me. like stylistic choice for neon 80s vibe, sure I can go with that, but don't go out of your way to make it uglier to somehow make it look like a photograph or whatever.

I would understand the artistic choice more if the album was that bright/upbeat, colourful, or really remotely 80s sounding at all but it isn't so it seems like a miss match.

• Crab 2

32 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Bummer. I hate how lazy bands have gotten with the booklet. 

I can't lie, I spent a good majority of my life ripping songs on Kazaa and limewire, but now everytime I come across one of my older CDs with the case, booklet, artwork, etc I get pretty sad and wish we never killed that off.  It was so much more of an experience.  

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Most music is enjoyed digitally these days, there's no real point in creating the booklets of yesteryear. It's mostly just an unnecessary extra expense. 

Oh i get it. I get a good chunk of mine from Apple Music but if its a band i've been a fan of for years i'll still buy a physical cd/vinyl.