NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

12 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I'm kind of annoyed that I even pre-ordered the album at this point, because I still don't have my physical copies, and I never got a digital copy either. I've been listening to the leak this whole time.

I also pre-ordered but I still don't have a physical copy - and according to the tracking e-mail, it'll be a little while longer. I've been listening on Spotify, though. Works for me but still disappointing. 

Guys- in my opinion I don’t think it’s really the songs that are bland.  I think the production fucks it all up- way too over produced.  Listen to even Self Titled which is very produced by their classic stuff’s standards, and that is barely produced in comparison to these two new albums.  Even Neighborhoods is substantially less produced sounding man.  These are some really nicely written songs- but the delay and reverb they have on the vocals for example ruin the sound and make it sound like it would be in a commercial for Guitar Center or something.  Yeah, they’re trying to fit in with modern pop’s standards but I think they would stand out and maybe have even more success because of originality if they kept things more raw and guitar focused.

• Like 2