NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

6 hours ago, scoobs said:

Ya I didn't even know I was getting a free copy of the CD lol, just showed up at my house .. alright i guess i'll take it even tho I listen exclusively to spotify these days :D

Did you attend a show on the last tour? Your ticket included a free copy of NINE... One of mine showed up on Saturday in a white bubbler.

8 hours ago, Njdevils26 said:

I’ve been very vocal about not liking this album, and I stand by it; but my 11 month old daughter absolutely loves “darkside” 

Once I turn it on she instantly smiles and starts to do her form of dancing. It makes me like the song because she does.

What’s it like knowing your child, less than a year old, already has better taste in music than you?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Madele said:

Why do people like Black Rain so much? I feel like there is something I don't get

Because it shows an element of experimentation that has been sorely lacking since Skiba joined so everyone is sucking it off for that reason despite the fact it's a relatively average song off the album.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Because it shows an element of experimentation that has been sorely lacking since Skiba joined so everyone is sucking it off for that reason despite the fact it's a relatively average song off the album.

Basically this, it's refreshing for a second but it's really not that great the vocals are pretty awful actually

3 hours ago, Madele said:

Why do people like Black Rain so much? I feel like there is something I don't get

I don't get the praise either. I mean, i like the song, or better said: I like half of the song, the Skiba parts. Mark ones sound too forced to me. It's like the merged two different parts, but the union is not that polished. Also, Mark parts are horrendous, he's absolutely out of range and about to collapse in any second.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Madele said:

I just think it's catchy. I like the mood it creates. The tempo changes, going slow to fast and back again, which to me is more like Feeling This than other recent songs like BTD and First Time. The lyrics aren't about being 16 again. And I actually really like Skiba's voice too for once.

6 hours ago, Njdevils26 said:

What’s it like being a lonely prick that try’s to turn a father daughter bonding experience to jab at musical tastes?

I’m imagining it’s like... responding to a clearly satirical post extremely seriously and angrily.  Huge yikes 

1 hour ago, scoobs said:

I’m imagining it’s like... responding to a clearly satirical post extremely seriously and angrily.  Huge yikes 

Nah, your response is one of someone realizing they weren’t funny and pulling the “what, you can’t tell I’m joking?” ploy to save face. Good try tho.