NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

1 minute ago, mikela said:

Yeah that is true and clearly they haven't rehearsed it at all. All Im saying is that power chords are pretty common for blink to do acoustically and since Skiba joined they have done a lot of those. In I Miss You he even plays octave chords with even less action going on and I dont remember people talking about that.

tbf I didn't think much of it when they've done it elsewhere either but occasionally I try to pick my battles. the acoustic 'bored to death' makes an already boring song absolutely unbearable. 

3 hours ago, Njdevils26 said:

he should give up trying to look like a hipster.

Been saying this for years, he posted this pic of himself with some other band from 2001 a few days ago and he had just totally normal short hair, he looks 1000x better than he has in the past however many years with his wacky giant spike hair.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

I agree with you on this unfortunately, I have friends who are huge fans but I just don't connect for some reason.

I honestly don’t like alkaline that much, there’s a couple songs I think are decent I guess.

but to me, even without liking alk it’s clear as day he’s better in that band and is a shell of himself within blink.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Osgod said:

You think he is doing a good job performing Darkside on this radio show, right?

Haven’t listened, don’t really care about random radio show performances unless they’re really good or something

8 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Haven’t listened, don’t really care about random radio show performances unless they’re really good or something

Doesn’t make sense to me. As much as you like the new stuff I would assume you listen to a performance everyone here is talking about. 

14 minutes ago, Osgod said:

Doesn’t make sense to me. As much as you like the new stuff I would assume you listen to a performance everyone here is talking about. 

Everyone said it sucked, doesn't sound like it's worth listening to

I actually don't care much about the mix-ups and mistakes that much, it's blink afterall, it's more just the lack of shits given hollier than thou attitude and overall low energy that drives me up a wall.

Idc if you go 100 mph and sloppy, just look like you enjoy what you're doing for 2 seconds and not looking like you're just cashgrab tour band.

• Love 1

13 hours ago, Kay said:

I love watching bands do 'acoustic' sets when they haven't a fucking clue how to perform the songs acoustically, Seriously Darkside is just fucking C#m and A for most of it, with an E and B thrown in during the chorus, it's such a simple song, use full normal standard acoustic chords and actually choose a proper strumming pattern and it'll sound like a million bucks in comparison, it's not rocket science. 

i cite alk3's damnesia as succeeding at this.