NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

15 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

I like Nine and thought it was a step in the right direction but after playing it loads in the first week of release I haven't listened to it in well over a month now and don't really have that much desire to do so, not really sure what that means but guess my days as a true die hard are officially numbered.

hardcore same. i know i just overplayed it, but i’ve got very little desire to listen again. i’ve gone through fallow periods where i’ve been out of the band and i always come back, but right now is pretty dire

I'm on that same boat. I liked this album better than California, and it hasn't weared out as quick as Cali did for me, but definitely I'm arely listening to a few songs like First Time, Ransom or Runaway. It just gets boring for me.

The other day I spinned TOYPAJ and just after it, it came NINE. No need to comment.

• Like 1

I'll be back to this album again soon. I go through cycles of listening to lots of music, and then listening to lots of podcasts or audiobooks. I'm in the podcast/audiobook part of the cycle right now, so I just haven't been listening to much music in general. Gimmie a few weeks and I'll be back on the NINE hype train.

31 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Had a newfound appreciation for "Run Away" this morning, great mix of modern production/electronics they are into but still packs a punch. Perfect use of Skiba/Mark in the chorus, with a classic Mark delivery.

Love the song, hate the arrangement.

I can still pull 2 or 3 songs out to listen to but it still feels a bit cheap, not production wise, just in terms of you get the sense they don't care much or it won't have much staying power.

Still enjoyed those first several listens pretty well. First Time and Heaven are solid songs. 

• Like 1

Both of you have wayyy too much hatred for Skiba which is clearly affecting your thinking on that lol. No chance.

And he even said “It’s not about me.” which is why I was wondering if it may be about Bourdain from Argento’s perspective. He’s usually pretty open about lyrics/writing so it’s weird that he immediately wanted no part of a public explanation.

21 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Both of you have wayyy too much hatred for Skiba which is clearly affecting your thinking on that lol. No chance.

And he even said “It’s not about me.” which is why I was wondering if it may be about Bourdain from Argento’s perspective. He’s usually pretty open about lyrics/writing so it’s weird that he immediately wanted no part of a public explanation.

Maybe he just forgot to ask the writers what it was about and didn't want to make assumptions  .... BOOM, ROASTED, SKIBA!

I'm basically Greg Giraldo or even the slightly less dead Jeff Ross!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

That's not hatred, it's empathy.

I don't hate Skiba (pre 2016)

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

50 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Maybe he just forgot to ask the writers what it was about and didn't want to make assumptions  .... BOOM, ROASTED, SKIBA!

I'm basically Greg Giraldo or even the slightly less dead Jeff Ross!

I've actually envisioned you as Jeff Ross whenever you post prior to seeing your mug during the guitar comp videos.  

16 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Had a newfound appreciation for "Run Away" this morning, great mix of modern production/electronics they are into but still packs a punch. Perfect use of Skiba/Mark in the chorus, with a classic Mark delivery.

That's my Ry-BRead. Good song, mate. ❤️

• Like 1