NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

I love everything about Run Away apart from the chorus. The chorus has that harmony which has Feldman's finger prints all over it. If it wasn't for that, I could deal with the chorus a lot more. Ransom has Feldman styled harmonies in the second half of the song too.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I love everything about Run Away apart from the chorus. The chorus has that harmony which has Feldman's finger prints all over it. If it wasn't for that, I could deal with the chorus a lot more. Ransom has Feldman styled harmonies in the second half of the song too.

I think I agree with that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

The First Time and Run Away are the best 2 songs. Run Away has a kind of boring song structure though and feels like it's missing something. Is that what you guys are referring to or is it something else? 

If we want to talk the actual awful stuff. It's Black Rain: Cringe wannabe fast guitar crap.

The chorus of On Some Emo Shit. It sounds derivative of some crappy song I heard when I was a kid. What a horrible melody, Skiba should be ashamed of himself. 

Those are both embarrassing songs. Oses is great however! It does sound familiar though. Maybe it's a total ripoff, but a great ripoff! 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

In an online poll on our twitter with 142 votes so far, 75% of people prefer NINE to Cali...

I can understand why. personally I think they're on par with each other. 

31 minutes ago, thongrider said:

California is way better. 

I listened to Cali last night with only 1 earbud in and it sounded so much better.

Way too much distorted guitars on Cali...everything is always blasting. I suddenly heard the parts with some guitar work missing and a lot of the verses became so much better and therefore also the choruses.

Cali just doesn't breathe. It's all chaos compressed into a box.

It's a tiger behind a glass wall

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

I listened to Cali last night with only 1 earbud in and it sounded so much better.

Way too much distorted guitars on Cali...everything is always blasting. I suddenly heard the parts with some guitar work missing and a lot of the verses became so much better and therefore also the choruses.

Cali just doesn't breathe. It's all chaos compressed into a box.

It's a tiger behind a glass wall

The production is 1000x better on NINE. If Cali had NINEs production. Like imagine that.