NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

11 minutes ago, jordidanen95 said:

A friend of mine hated california and thought it was pretty uninspired and cringy. He heard ''Hungover You'' and said how good it was. I could see on his face that he was really into it!

The flow of the verses/Pre-chorus is just great

Probably my favourite song

Now show him the ones that are actually good and see his reaction.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

After having listened to the album 7-8 times, one thing that stands out that was so sorely lacking in California is the vocal harmonies. There's some really well placed harmonies on this album, and that was definitely one of my bigger complaints for California/Deluxe. 

I'm fairly certain every song on California had vocal harmonies at some point - whether they were well placed is subjective but there were lots of harmonies.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

The only good one that stands out to me is San Diego. 

Okay sure whatever
You think Nine has more effective vocal harmonies then.

Doesn't discount the fact there are harmonies present somewhere in literally every song on California (even Built This Pool [the best song on the album])

1 minute ago, yodda said:

Okay sure whatever
You think Nine has more effective vocal harmonies then.

Doesn't discount the fact there are harmonies present somewhere in literally every song on California (even Built This Pool [the best song on the album])

Ah I see, you mean harmonies including "woo woo" and "woah woah."

I mean harmonies when they are in the background to the main vocals and add a layer to the song. Nine has done a much better job incorporating those more. 

19 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Dammit we need goth blink bad. I know that was basically untitled but come on Mark! You’ve got Satan in the band now, bring the eyeliner and messy hair back and tap into your Cure influences. That would be awesome if they took some of the deep cuts from NINE and cranked it up to 11.

A goth Blink? Yes, please. Where do I sign?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clar-ke has herpes said:

Travis fucking rips on No Heart To Speak Of

Everybody rips on that song.

At what point do we congratulate Feldmann on producing a legitimate record here?  I feel like we owe him some recognition for all the shit he's gotten, and then he helps make this awesome record.

• Like 2