NINE Official Discussion

Russel Coight

22 minutes ago, Njdevils26 said:

I took offense at him insinuating that new blink equals good musical taste.

i still have hope my daughter has better taste than that and it’s a one off occurrence.

You just need to lighten up mate, not everything needs to be an attack.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

I hate Skibas voice on Black Rain lol.  It just doesn't fit blink.

I only like him on First Time, Ransom, Hungover You, Run Away and Generational Divide.  That raspy voice can stay the rest drives me nuts like what band is this.

I get what you mean. I think it's just cause it's so different to what Tom's voice was in blink. I do love Skiba's voice in that song but that's because it's closer to his natural voice. I love his voice on the pre-chorus of Hey I'm Sorry and the ending of IRWIHY as well.

5 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

I get what you mean. I think it's just cause it's so different to what Tom's voice was in blink. I do love Skiba's voice in that song but that's because it's closer to his natural voice. I love his voice on the pre-chorus of Hey I'm Sorry and the ending of IRWIHY as well.

It's a technically good voice, it's just not my cup of tea.  I've never really liked 'good' singers, which is why I like punk rock so much and why it just rarely fits for me.  When I listen to Black Rain I wonder if this is an Adele cover during the intro.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

On 10/13/2019 at 1:06 AM, scoobs said:

Ya I didn't even know I was getting a free copy of the CD lol, just showed up at my house .. alright i guess i'll take it even tho I listen exclusively to spotify these days :D

how did this happen though? How did they even have my address lol

2 hours ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

It's a technically good voice, it's just not my cup of tea.  I've never really liked 'good' singers, which is why I like punk rock so much and why it just rarely fits for me.  When I listen to Black Rain I wonder if this is an Adele cover during the intro.

I kind of feel that way too, but in a good way. I don't mind Adele either though, even if I prefer punk singers too. 

I listened to NINE again today. The First Time is an inoffensive song to be honest. Neither very bad or very good. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

Yeah, that's why I like punk rock singers compared to the more modern pop punk singers haha. They sound more rough and aggressive compared to the likes of ATL, Panic and FOB.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

I kind of feel that way too, but in a good way. I don't mind Adele either though, even if I prefer punk singers too. 

I listened to NINE again today. The First Time is an inoffensive song to be honest. Neither very bad or very good. 

I don't mind Adele either but not with my blink.  Matt always tries to be Adele in half the songs.

• Crab 1

Damn you all bitched when he sounded too much like Mark or when he screamed 24/7 on California but suddenly it’s bad when he sounds more like himself on NINE. Dude kicked ass on Black Rain and he should’ve soloed the entire song. Mark’s verses could’ve taken the song to the next level with Matt’s tone and aggression. Matt’s vocal performance was absolutely solid and stole the spotlight from Mark numerous times on this album.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, jlx9 said:

Damn you all bitched when he sounded too much like Mark or when he screamed 24/7 on California but suddenly it’s bad when he sounds more like himself on NINE. Dude kicked ass on Black Rain and he should’ve soloed the entire song. Mark’s verses could’ve taken the song to the next level with Matt’s tone and aggression. Matt’s vocal performance was absolutely solid and stole the spotlight from Mark numerous times on this album.

Yeah his voice is totally fine on Black Rain, the chorus itself is bad not his voice lol 

1 hour ago, jlx9 said:

People going to whinge no matter what mate. It’s unfortunate but nothing we can do.

24 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

I think there was a time Matt would have been a good compilation with Mark and Travis but California ruined him.

I know this is his old voice but damn..

I don't get how you guys can handle all the operatic singing in blink personally.. 

Him singing cleanly over a piano isn't operatic singing you fucking dildo, it's regular singing jfc. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kay said:

Him singing cleanly over a piano isn't operatic singing you fucking dildo, it's regular singing jfc. 

And it sounds like shit in a blink song. Sorry your boy blows in blink, we all hoped for better.

Granted, he's just doing what he's asked.