Do you like Nine?

Mau5

Do you like Nine?   

80 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like Nine? How would you rate it?

• Love it. 8-9-10/10
    • It's alright 5-6-7/10
    • Don't care for it 1-5/10
    • Hate it 0/10

happy without being a terrific song  i find it great

no heart to speak off is realy good just annoyed at the forced mark on every song thing, this would been perfect without mark comming in

the rest is realy averge, blend, generic, uninspired, unfelt lyrics

no one will remmeber this album in a year

and none of these songs will b played lived 

they will just go back at playing actual great songs like all the small thing and whats my asian again

It's different, it's like special effects version of +44/Alkaline trio that sounds nothing like blink but a lot better than a lot of stuff out there.  I actually dig this type of darker mood stuff, so I enjoyed some songs, but some songs are also beyond forgettable.

For some reason it doesn't bother me as much as California (less formulatic) and I'd rather listen to this than a lot of stuff out there.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

It's different, it's like special effects version of +44/Alkaline trio that sounds nothing like blink but a lot better than a lot of stuff out there.  I actually dig this type of darker mood stuff, so I enjoyed some songs, but some songs are also beyond forgettable.

For some reason it doesn't bother me as much as California (less formulatic) and I'd rather listen to this than a lot of stuff out there.

I’m not sure if you saw me ask earlier but I’m genuinely curious to know how these songs rate compared to the two Ava songs out there for you?

7/10 for me so voted for it's alright.

Think some people are shitting themselves a bit too hard over how good it is though, not going to do an Oliver and piss on everyone's bonfire but scoring it 9/10 and 10/10 seems a bit excessive to me...the true opinions will come to light in a month or so once hype has gone and people look at it a bit more objectively. 

It's better than I thought it would be though so I'm happy with that I guess. 

• Like 4

Just now, ...Dan... said:

7/10 for me so voted for it's alright.

Think some people are shitting themselves a bit too hard over how good it is though, not going to do an Oliver but piss on everyone's bonfire though scoring it 9/10 and 10/10...the true opinions will come to light in a month or so once hype has gone and people look at it a bit more objectively. 

It's better than I thought it would be though so I'm happy with that I guess. 

Remember when Scott thought California was the amazing? 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

Remember when Scott thought California was the amazing? 

Fairly certain @2point5 loved a lot of it as well and then turned not long after...

We've all done it and I have been guilty of it in the past as well so not beefing anyone but I think it's just something to be aware of, true test of how of good of an album this is is the test of time. 

• Like 1

Gave it a listen. It's not as bad as I expected. The songs I really hated before hearing the whole record (BIOMY, IRWIHY) I still hate. The thing about those two songs in particular, they could be good pop punk songs if they made them pop punk sounding instead of sounding like Simple Creatures. Too much electronic used poorly on this record. I'm not a huge fan of it in general but Mark used it well with +44. He doesn't on this record.

I think Darkside and Pin The Grenade are the best tracks. I really like Ransom especially once the guitars kick in (before that it's more blah electronica). Darkside is probably my favorite. Skiba crushes the big anthemic choruses. Very Alkaline Trio sounding to me. The music video for that song may suck but the song is good. Pin The Grenade is great too. Catchy.

My biggest gripes with this record, aside from the overproduced mix and autotuned vocals that I hate with most new records is the electronica used (Again +44 uses it well, this doesn't) and some of the drumming. Regarding the drumming, I hate the drums sounding like a drum machine and/or doing hip hop style beats (for example the verses for On Some Emo Shit, I hate the drums on this record when they sound like that).

I liked the opening track The First Time. Good opener for this record.

Overall it exceeded my expectations but I think California is better. I enjoyed most of California (aside from a few tracks and the same complaints of the overproduced mix and autotuned vocals) a little more than this one. As much as everyone hates the joke songs on Cali, I love them. Maybe it's nostalgia but I miss the blink toilet humor.

• Like 3

I also believe that what we see right now is the initial hype and not objective opinions, especially since the bar was set so low with the singles that every new song that has notes in it will sound hot.

Personally I was also one of those guys who were ultra hyped when California got released but slowly all its flaws surfaced and I couldn't deny how mediocre the album was.

Plus, you can't deny the fact that 5 of the singles are still part of the album, and many think they are the worst blink ever released so overall the album may end up lower in the rankings than Cali.

3 minutes ago, voyeur182 said:

I also believe that what we see right now is the initial hype and not objective opinions, especially since the bar was set so low with the singles that every new song that has notes in it will sound hot.

Personally I was also one of those guys who were ultra hyped when California got released but slowly all its flaws surfaced and I couldn't deny how mediocre the album was.

Plus, you can't deny the fact that 5 of the singles are still part of the album, and many think they are the worst blink ever released so overall the album may end up lower in the rankings than Cali.

I'd agree with your assessment. I think I gave it a fairly objective review too.