First Impression: What's Your Favorite Track on NINE?

Cheerios4u98

What's your favorite track from NINE?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite track from NINE?

• The First Time
    • Happy Days
    • Heaven
    • Darkside
    • Blame It On My Youth
    • Generational Divide
    • Run Away
    • Black Rain
    • I Really Wish I Hated You
    • Pin The Grenade
    • No Heart To Speak Of
    • Ransom
    • On Some Emo Shit
    • Hungover You
    • Remember to Forget Me

18 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

Pin the Grenade is a good song, compare that to the likes of Kings of the Weekend for example. 

I agree, I like it. Better than most of the songs on Cali, but I don't think it's far from that sound.

Heaven is a grower too. I'm impressed to be fair. 

Don’t worry seems like everyone hates the first half of Ransom but I absolutely fucking love it. I love how chill it is and I also love the auto tune. Song bangs but the first half is excellent imo. I love auto tune when it’s done correctly and it sounds cool

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scott. said:

Don’t worry seems like everyone hates the first half of Ransom but I absolutely fucking love it. I love how chill it is and I also love the auto tune. Song bangs but the first half is excellent imo. I love auto tune when it’s done correctly and it sounds cool

I love both, I think they work well together.

Just now, Ghent said:

They work better together even. Ransom is probably coming in 2nd at this point. I love it

It's fantastic! I was honestly surprised when the second half kicked in on my first listen. Also, how the worked the background vocals with the song? They arent cut and paste every part is a little bit different.

I don't understand the autotune gripe though ... I'd prefer my music to be in tune.

6 hours ago, NotNow said:

On very first listen, On Some Emo Shit is my favorite.

I think this album can easily be divided into three fairly even sized tiers of 1. Amazing 2. Good and 3. What we’re they thinking

and the what we’re they thinking were the five tracks they released. Although they are a little bit better when listening to the album as a whole except for Blame it on my youth the worst blink song ever released.

Wholeheartedly agree.  Darkside, IRWIHY are better in the scope of the album, but as singles were awful. 

I'll take this over bland throughout (Cali).  We need the amazings.

I'll even go as far as to say The First Time is in serious contention for better than all of Cali, Deluxe, and even Neighborhoods.

Maybe it's my speakers, but it sounds perfect over here.

This gives me serious TOYPAJ attitude.  Took 40 songs, but Mark just fathered us. 

• Like 1