Has Nine beat your expectations or Not lived up to hype

madgaz182

Has Nine beat your expectations or Not lived up to hype   

58 members have voted

1. 1. Has Nine beat your expectations or Not lived up to hype

• Beat expectations
    • Not as good as I hoped

Just now, Scott. said:

I love Kay but I honestly don’t even think she likes the same music as the rest of us

Kay is just Kay, I guess.

There definitely seems to be a trend amongst musicians who feel the need to branch off and make themselves an "artist" by doing an acoustic album ... especially in the punk scene ... it's annoying and mostly comes off mopey. Cool if you're into that sort of thing, I guess, I mean I certainly have my weird music preferences and I like an acoustic song as much as the next guy but, I don't know ... a million versions of the house party guy playing wonderwall is lame to me.

I respect so much Kay and her music taste. And she likes rock music! For most people who aren't just casual top 40 or adult contemporary listeners, music taste is deeply personal and I love how open she is about what she likes and what she doesn't like. It never came off as snob to me. 

17 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I respect so much Kay and her music taste. And she likes rock music! For most people who aren't just casual top 40 or adult contemporary listeners, music taste is deeply personal and I love how open she is about what she likes and what she doesn't like. It never came off as snob to me. 

Thanks love ;) and @Scott. I actually don't like acoustic artists as a rule but there's two that I'm a huge fan of, couldn't care for most of it. I like a lot of different stuff, my main genre though is punk and rock, but I go for a few different things. I just don't see the appeal of this record. Bit samey, bit repetitive, very top 40 songwriting. Just doesn't do it for me, but I'm not pissy that others like it or trying to pass comment, different strokes for different folks and all that. 

• Like 1

Honestly didn't love any of the singles until Darkside, which I LOOOOOOOOOVED so I got a bit more optimistic about NINE but still overall felt like people were going to hate it and I'd fall on the fence again where I like it just enough but doesn't compare to their past albums.  Happy to say I think I like this album more than most of them.  Its just wall-to-wall bangers and knee-slappers.

• Love 1