Nine Criticisms.

Kay

Whoa, I created a monster! 

I created this thread specifically to have somewhere where I could be honest about Nine without getting in the way of the boards overall happiness and letting others who feel similar join me. 

And here you dicks are slamming Untitled and goddamn Cheshire Cat?!? Goddammit NOT IN MY HOUSE, I WILL TURN THIS THREAD AROUND! 

jokes aside, Untitled and Cheshire are very different but both extremely important regarding blinks sonic journey. I love them both. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, voyeur182 said:

You can dislike Untitled all you want but you can't deny the fact that the boys worked their asses off on that album. They really tried to push each others' limits and evolve their sound and it shows, whether you like the final product or not. I miss that kind of creative integrity from the band. I wish I could say the same when listening to Nine, but I really can't shake the feeling that a huge chunk of what I'm hearing wasn't even written by them. At this point the only parts that weren't touched by filthy pop writers hands are Travis's drum takes.

people can dislike/hate say that album sucks all they want and not like it personaly thats all good and theres nothing wrong with that

but it doesnt take away how well the songs on that record are constructred everything is top notch about that album

its a massive one from start to finish

theres everything on that album too slow songs/fast songs/heavey dark songs/light soft songs

59 minutes ago, Thomas D. said:

On Some Emo Shit annoys me. That chorus is absolutely horrible. It has a terrible melody and goes on for too long. But then the last minute of the song is great and powerful and one of the best parts of the album for me. 

You shut your whore mouth.

• Love 1

2 hours ago, Thomas D. said:

On Some Emo Shit annoys me. That chorus is absolutely horrible. It has a terrible melody and goes on for too long. But then the last minute of the song is great and powerful and one of the best parts of the album for me. 

OSES, Black Rain, IRWIHY, RTFM and BIOMY have been nixed from my Nine playlisy.

• Wow 1

44 minutes ago, Speedo said:

OSES, Black Rain, IRWIHY, RTFM and BIOMY have been nixed from my Nine playlisy.

Mine has turned to

First Time X10 

Run Away X4

Heaven X4 

One or two of the others.. X1-X2

BIOMY, RTFM, IRWIHY, Hungover You, Happy Days, receive no play time.

46 minutes ago, Nshesaid said:

Mine has turned to

First Time X10 

Run Away X4

Heaven X4 

One or two of the others.. X1-X2

BIOMY, RTFM, IRWIHY, Hungover You, Happy Days, receive no play time.

Hungover you is fucking brilliant you absolute weirdo. 

42 minutes ago, Scott. said:

Hungover you is fucking brilliant you absolute weirdo. 

Songs straight embarrassing. Don't get me wrong, there's some interesting moments, starts well, and better than Cali but the last thing I need is

"I'm still hungover yoouuuuu" -Mark Hoppus, happily married with kid, in the most poppy melody ever and Tpain verses.

Pre chorus is cool.  Chorus is dreadful, worst chorus of the new songs imo.

• Like 2

I don't know, I've been there several times where I've literally cracked a bottle for breakfast.  And I dated a wonderful girl for a while who unfortunately had to witness first hand me drinking all day and night, each and every day because it's the only thing I felt would numb the pain. I guess I just identify with it on a pretty personal level.  And when you wake up, and your head is throbbing and all you wanna do is take the day's first shot to start making that sharp pain go away it truly does feel like you're hungover somebody and what they've done to your mental. It doesn't feel like a bull shit song, just because Mark is on it and he's never seemed to have a problem. Travis has had his major problems with addiction, and I'm pretty sure Matt has too. Regardless, it's an important message song - feels way less write-off than a fake song about a relationship that never existed.