Nine Criticisms.

Kay

6 hours ago, daveyjones said:

here's the place to come be honest, right @Kay?

the more times i listen to NINE, the less i like it. in fact, i think i prefer california. and i prefer the cali deluxe (second disc songs) to the original california!

kinda surprised myself, but, yea.

I wouldn't say that, to me, the more I listen to it the less I like it, but definitely with more playing, it starts to show what to me are some important flaws (and also, some good points). So, as this is the criticism thread, I'm gonna put down some things I don't like.

- Too much and evident autotune or whatever you want to call it.

- Messy shit going on on the background on some songs. Some kind of buried and blurry electronic layers.

- In that regard, guitars are not as present as I would like, but well..

- Mark singing out of range in Back Rain. Is painful to hear (kind of ruins his parts for me) and, as I said, I can't wait to see them playing it live to see Mark blacking out trying to hit his verses (if they don't tune it down the song). Also, I still don't get the praise for this song. Is decent, but I think is a little bit all over the place.

- No Heart To Speak Of. To me, the worst song on the album by far. Annoying melody and monotone as fuck. Even worse than Blame It To My Youth.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

here's the place to come be honest, right @Kay?

the more times i listen to NINE, the less i like it. in fact, i think i prefer california. and i prefer the cali deluxe (second disc songs) to the original california!

kinda surprised myself, but, yea.

I think Nine is less straight up annoying than California to me but I can see why someone would prefer California, partly because Nine is kinda...sonically messy? don't know how to describe it, but it detracts from the songs a lot and I think whilst I despise the production on California, it is more straight forward and that could appeal to some.

I've purposely only listened 3 times total because I found myself liking it less and less and I didn't want to be alone on the sad little hate train so I'm waiting until it's out on Spotify before bothering to spin it again. Can't say I'm particularly interested in listening to it though, just didn't do anything for me. 

Just now, Bucko said:

I would like to see him have a conversation with Thomas Delonge

I imagine it'd just be Robbie looking confused and saying "you fuckin' what, mate?" because he's not the most well spoken and polite individual lol 

• Like 1