Nine Criticisms.

Kay

36 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

The production is the only very good part of the album..it's robotic as fuck but it's way way more sensible than California.

I do believe it was plenty of Feldmann too because it feels like The Used production he did once.

i haven’t listened to California in a while so i don’t know how the production compares besides both of them sucking, hahaha. i guess the production on Nine makes more sense given that most to all of it is straight up pop rock. 

37 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

The production is the only very good part of the album..it's robotic as fuck but it's way way more sensible than California.

I do believe it was plenty of Feldmann too because it feels like The Used production he did once.

terrible bubblegum production that sucks the life and rock rawness out of it

i cant stand for that , commercial music always to a certain degree sacrifice some of the rawness and realness to make it mass appealing and its needed otherwise in most case it wouldn't sell

people would complain of it not sounding good enough or well produced enough, they'd say this doesnt sound like music i hear on the radio it sounds amateurish

this is too such an extreme what feldman is doing its despicable 

and to see him stand with his face smiling bragging about how many records California as sold and ect really pisses me off

Just now, oliver_makes_good_points said:

terrible bubblegum production that sucks the life and rock rawness out of it

i cant stand for that , commercial music always to a certain degree sacrifice some of the rawness and realness to make it mass appealing and its needed otherwise in most case it wouldn't sell

people would complain of it not sounding good enough or well produced enough, they'd say this doesnt sound like music i hear on the radio it sounds amateurish

this is too such an extreme what feldman is doing its despicable 

and to see him stand with his face smiling bragging about how many records California as sold and ect really pisses me off

What did you expect though?  I fully expect it to be heavily produced.  If they cut it raw I would be extremely extremely surprised.

3 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

What did you expect though?  I fully expect it to be heavily produced.  If they cut it raw I would be extremely extremely surprised.

i didn't expect it to be otherwise at all

especially when they started 2 have "writing sessions" with pop music song writers 

i was expecting to turn out as it turned out

3 hours ago, Nasa said:

Mark’s repetition in the prechorus? annoying. 

Yes! I find this so annoying too! It reminds me of karaoke or when you sing along to the background vocals in a song.

I'm not as critical of the album...or I just care less about the criticisms so I still enjoy the song. 

• Like 2

I'm still loving NINE but I've realized I only listen to it on shuffle because I like the second half of the album so much better than the first half, if I listen to the album in order the first half kind of sucks to get through because I really want to be listening to the songs from the second half. When I shuffle it I get a good mix of the whole album without having long stretches of stuff I'm not as interested in.

• Like 2

Modern production on the album is a no. Sorry but that is too polished and wow some 100 people were involved in the album like seriously? You can barely distinguish any instrument it is all meshed together. Heaven demo illustrates that a more raw sound suits them better.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Ixidor said:

Modern production on the album is a no. Sorry but that is too polished and wow some 100 people were involved in the album like seriously? You can barely distinguish any instrument it is all meshed together. Heaven demo illustrates that a more raw sound suits them better.

So true! There are some good songs on the album but again it’s mostly a wall of sound. Fuck Feldman and his shitty pop production. 

15 minutes ago, Osgod said:

So true! There are some good songs on the album but again it’s mostly a wall of sound. Fuck Feldman and his shitty pop production. 

One reason is to possibly mask the lack of good riffs by blending everything. Bit again getting back to the heaven demo, just the sounds of separate instruments were more appealing to me. I was able to distinguish little licks here and there that I missed in the official release. And the song sounded more organic and genuine that way.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

Oh right I barely post but you kiss ass of Speedo and the various useless spammers and the dumb SJW feminists obsessed with pedophiles in every post. Your little buddies have more posts per month than I do in a decade. Sad, no life losers!

How can someone criticize NINE and think Strings is a classic blink 182 song. A true moron

I've never been called an SJW before ... its weird, I'm probably the least SJW/PC person on this board too. I just don't like you or your knack for being sexually attracted to children ... but if that makes me SJW then by all means ...

3 hours ago, Osgod said:

this is i believe the overall gripe everyone has w this era of the band.  jerry finn era blink always had some sheen and production synth elements that brought it to another level but now it’s just feldmann overkill.  what’s odd to me is how their other projects have accomplished the big arena sounding simplistic production ie.  thanks i hate it,  the yungblud/mgk travis song, 3 years sober w vic mensa.  they all incorporate a lot of modern production elements but everything breathes and sounds huge.  it’s odd how those things haven’t been brought to blink

• Like 2

After listening to the album 2 more times I still can't remember a single melody. That may well be a sign of early dementia. Or, the songs are really just that forgettable. Makes me really sad. I need some Dude Ranch to cheer me up now.

• Like 4