Nine Criticisms.

Kay

1 hour ago, Jane said:

After listening to the album 2 more times I still can't remember a single melody. That may well be a sign of early dementia. Or, the songs are really just that forgettable. Makes me really sad. I need some Dude Ranch to cheer me up now.

just make sure u remember to not forget how the songs sound

4 hours ago, Jane said:

After listening to the album 2 more times I still can't remember a single melody. That may well be a sign of early dementia. Or, the songs are really just that forgettable. Makes me really sad. I need some Dude Ranch to cheer me up now.

Blink has become so produced Dude Ranch doesn't even do it for me.  I have to go straight to Chesire and Budha. Which is a first for me.

It's almost time I start giving Flyswatter a real chance.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Crab 3

The First Time is a great album opener and Heaven is a really good song as well.

Trouble is they are sandwiched between Happy Days which is such a dull nothing song, it's like the album revs the engine with TFT, false starts on HD and then has to get going again on Heaven.

Just wish Happy Days wasn't a song to be honest. 

I don't get the Happy Days hate, it's literally Mark af. Like probably the most traditional "Mark" sounding song we've gotten in this era. (As in, what I would expect if Mark sat down with an acoustic and wrote a song like he used to.) The lyrics are super honest and real, about doubting yourself and just wanting to feel happy days. It hits so much deeper than the fictional break-up crap. 

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don't get the Happy Days hate, it's literally Mark af. Like probably the most traditional "Mark" sounding song we've gotten in this era. (As in, what I would expect if Mark sat down with an acoustic and wrote a song like he used to.) The lyrics are super honest and real, about doubting yourself and just wanting to feel happy days. It hits so much deeper than the fictional break-up crap. 

It's really fucking dull, that's why. the chorus is insipid, and the rest is just boring. 

Unlike California, I wouldn't be horrified if a song or two from this album came up on shuffle on one of my playlists. This album is totally one where I can turn to a casual listener and say "Yo remember that band blink 182? Yea they're still playing, this is their new shit! Pretty catchy....not nearly as good as their old stuff though" and a casual listener would bop their head and agree. 

Which isn't bad at all - but...when it comes to old blink, I can show someone unfamiliar with the band a song from Self-Titled or a live proshot of Enema and say "holy fuck check these guys out they're fucking awesome". Ah well, perhaps next record. I still like Darkside, despite it's giant turd of a music video. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

im feeling prety much the same way

no one mention that nice dude ranch bass like in some of the parts yet those people would love a dude ranch part 2

24 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Mark af? are you fucking serious?? Online Songs and Going Away to College are "Mark af" not fucking Crappy Days.

The only type of person I can imagine it hitting deeply is a sad virgin with no friends. 

• Like 1

i saw news post about how they've goten to number ones

i think it was rock album or something like that

they are being realy deceitfull with those nasty award post

how could such a weak album get awards the thing hasnt even gotten one solid hit on the radio

when u go to the billboard webiste and u look at all there charts blink is nowhere to be found there

feldman and co are playing some dirty games to make money

i wouldnt be suprised one bit if they paid for tons of view on thier youtube videos something is realy off about that too

I get that it's a bit dull, but the lyrics are super deep and honest and it instantly sounds like a Mark/blink song imo, whereas a lot in this era do not. It would hit deep with anyone feeling self doubt/depression. First Time is your virgin song lol.

1 minute ago, Ry-Bread said:

I get that it's a bit dull, but the lyrics are super deep and honest and it instantly sounds like a Mark/blink song imo, whereas a lot in this era do not. It would hit deep with anyone feeling self doubt/depression. First Time is your virgin song lol.

As someone with severe depression and anxiety, I disagree ? like it's great if it helps some people, awesome, but I really wouldn't assume it would touch everyone that way.

I don't think the lyrics are that deep. might be honest sure, deep not so much. it's a nice 'concept' for a song but the execution leaves a lot to be desired. I can think of a lot of better songs for mental health battles. 

• Like 4

Yeah I didn't word that properly, certainly don't expect it to save anyone or connect with everyone. Just think it is one of the most honest, and natural sounding Mark songs from this era. With lyrics that feel personal as opposed to writing a story.

Like I wouldn't have been shocked to hear this on a blink/+44 release 10 years ago, whereas BIOMY/IRWIHY I'd be tomboomerwtf.gif

20 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah I didn't word that properly, certainly don't expect it to save anyone or connect with everyone. Just think it is one of the most honest, and natural sounding Mark songs from this era. With lyrics that feel personal as opposed to writing a story.

Like I wouldn't have been shocked to hear this on a blink/+44 release 10 years ago, whereas BIOMY/IRWIHY I'd be tomboomerwtf.gif

I like that he says it comes from a real place and talked about it, that's fab, but I don't hear any of it in the song itself, and it doesn't come across as genuine as older songs like +44 but again thats' just my perspective. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

Great tune. Whoever wrote it did a great job. 

• Haha 1