Nine Criticisms.

Kay

3 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I don't get the Happy Days hate, it's literally Mark af. Like probably the most traditional "Mark" sounding song we've gotten in this era. (As in, what I would expect if Mark sat down with an acoustic and wrote a song like he used to.) The lyrics are super honest and real, about doubting yourself and just wanting to feel happy days. It hits so much deeper than the fictional break-up crap. 

The lyrics might be okay (strongly ignoring the Happy Days repetition chorus..) but it's not "Mark af". It sounds like the more tired current Mark we often get.

Mark af to me is Dammit, Lemmings, Rollercoaster, Here's Your Letter, WYHSB

I mean I STRONGLY encourage you to listen to Happy Days and a vintage blink song back to back and recognize the difference in Mark's tone and energy.

The only thing I like about Happy Days is the verses. Everything else about the song is crap IMO. I get BCR vibes for the verses for some reason. Generational Divide and Heaven are the ones I think sound the most like typical Mark songs. The raw demo version of Heaven sounds exactly like +44 to me.

12 hours ago, Njdevils26 said:

I only held onto a few of the songs from the album on my Apple Music, and when they come up during my shuffle I usually hit next. Forgettable album in my eyes. I’d be fine if I never heard any of the songs ever again, wouldn’t feel like I’m missing something. 

Zzzzzz your like a broken record 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Check the thread you're in, maybe, and you won't be surprised. 

Yeh i know, i dont mind criticisms but this guy just bores the shit out of me...he must of said that same line about a million times since the album came out, or its about the live shows, 

Give constructive criticism, dont be an asshole constantly, it gets boring after the hundredth time...

• Like 2

Glad to know I have a fan that’s familiar with my post history.

my bad if I’ve made you bored with my comments, just posting what I feel about the album as time goes on in the criticism thread.

should I follow suit with everyone else and talk about people being pedophiles, or acting creepy about Members of the bands family structure, come up with a trolling gimmick, claim I’m the best guitarist and no one else knows shit about anything, etc.

just giving my impressions, you don’t have to answer to it and be a little bitch about whatever I have to say.

the music sucks and is bland, the lyrics are simple and cringeworthy, you can’t hear instruments, etc.  that work for you?

3 minutes ago, Njdevils26 said:

Glad to know I have a fan that’s familiar with my post history.

my bad if I’ve made you bored with my comments, just posting what I feel about the album as time goes on in the criticism thread.

should I follow suit with everyone else and talk about people being pedophiles, or acting creepy about Members of the bands family structure, come up with a trolling gimmick, claim I’m the best guitarist and no one else knows shit about anything, etc.

just giving my impressions, you don’t have to answer to it and be a little bitch about whatever I have to say.

the music sucks and is bland, the lyrics are simple and cringeworthy, you can’t hear instruments, etc.  that work for you?

Not people, person.

17 minutes ago, Njdevils26 said:

I think you should tbh.

9 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

i don't mind criticisms

Give constructive criticism

after listening to nine quite few times straight through, overall, i agree with @Patient #48273's assessment. the staying power faded really fast after the initial christmas morning butterflies of having new material to listen to.

my constructive criticism is that some of the writing had real potential. especially those moments where matt's true alk3 stripes were showing through. but in my opinion, both the arrangement of the songs and the overall production sound ruined it for me.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2019 at 10:11 AM, Ry-Bread said:

I get that it's a bit dull, but the lyrics are super deep and honest and it instantly sounds like a Mark/blink song imo, whereas a lot in this era do not. It would hit deep with anyone feeling self doubt/depression. First Time is your virgin song lol.

source.gif

I hate the production, why do they sound like robots all the way through? The most jarring is at the end of IRWIHY with Matt singing ‘won’t you say something’ in his natural voice then robot Mark comes in with ‘I really wish I hated you’. It leaves it void of any emotion for me.

• Like 2

I feel like On Some Emo Shit wouldn't have passed AK3 standards, for example. It's weird because it feels pretty Skiba-ish, but also feels like that kind of song Matt has in mind to bring to the table and be polished by the rest of the band. That melody, FFS, is awful as fuck.

4 hours ago, Rickay said:

I hate the production, why do they sound like robots all the way through? The most jarring is at the end of IRWIHY with Matt singing ‘won’t you say something’ in his natural voice then robot Mark comes in with ‘I really wish I hated you’. It leaves it void of any emotion for me.

this has been an issue with all of mark’s vocals in this new era. strangely, simple creatures seems to sound more natural and less robotic