Nine Criticisms.

Kay

Musically it's more interesting than California. But I don't listen to a mediocre album because it's "interesting". At least on first listen, California is a much stronger album its flaws put aside. I'm still gonna buy it though, hopefully it's a grower. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, thongrider said:

Musically it's more interesting than California. But I don't listen to a mediocre album because it's "interesting". At least on first listen, California is a much stronger album its flaws put aside. I'm still gonna buy it though, hopefully it's a grower. 

Interesting take! I remember listening to California for the first time and literally feeling more cold and depressed with each song haha the first listen of Nine was a much more pleasant experience.

5 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Interesting take! I remember listening to California for the first time and literally feeling more cold and depressed with each song haha the first listen of Nine was a much more pleasant experience.

The singles released for both albums made me expect the worst. I didn't intend on buying California after hearing the singles. No Future got me all excited, so when it leaked I thought I might as well listen as I wasn't gonna buy it anyway and ended up liking it a lot and actually buying it. This time around the expectations were even lower and I already knew it was gonna be an album with god awful songs on it. I suppose Darkside was the No Future of Nine. Having bought California Ive considered buying Nine and listening to the leak (except Heaven, which is a highlight) would be anti climatic to me. Seeing so much praise made the expectations go up again to some degree. I'm excited to buy it and listen again if I get the chance. 

My main gripe with this album is that there is too mich going on. I love some great instrumentals when there is nothing happening... Makes the comeback of the chorus much bigger. Tiny voices bridge comes to mind, or the wishing well bridge....

There is no need for having so much going on all the time IMO

42 minutes ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

more creative songs

most song on this album sounds like nothing at all just the same re-ash re-use of the same riffs

You’re fucking clueless. You’re the same cunt who thinks 5 seconds of Summer and The Clash are the same Genre ? a shit wum is all you are

• Crab 1

29 minutes ago, Scott. said:

You’re fucking clueless. You’re the same cunt who thinks 5 seconds of Summer and The Clash are the same Genre ? a shit wum is all you are

well then ur a shit cunt lol 

another non sensical response as usual

every song on california including almost all the b-sides sound unique and distinctfull 

where most songs on this new generic album sound just like any other low end songs 

aside of happy days and heaven

• Crab 2

1 hour ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

well then ur a shit cunt lol 

another non sensical response as usual

every song on california including almost all the b-sides sound unique and distinctfull 

where most songs on this new generic album sound just like any other low end songs 

aside of happy days and heaven

Don‘t know what you are hearing but California is a bunch of overproduced generic noise while Nine at least has its moments of greatness. 

• Like 1

Nine has more lost potential to my ears. California was simplistic, stale, and samey. Nine is similarly samey, just hidden with bells and whistles, but it has moments where there was a chance at a decent take that didn't pay off. Or at least that's my take. 

the more i listen to nine, the more disappointed i am. this is a year that has brought us terrific new releases from PUP, millencolin, strung out, teenage bottlerocket, good riddance, the get up kids, bad religion, lagwagon, the menzingers... it goes on and on.

nine just goes over like a wet fart in comparison.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

the more i listen to nine, the more disappointed i am. this is a year that has brought us terrific new releases from PUP, millencolin, strung out, teenage bottlerocket, good riddance, the get up kids, bad religion, lagwagon, the menzingers... it goes on and on.

listened to pup and get up kids and it did absolutely nothing to me, if it's not as polished doesn't mean it's good

6 minutes ago, alex_dept. said:

if it's not as polished doesn't mean it's good

oh i love all kinds of polished music and all kinds of unpolished music. i'm just finding i don't like nine very much. it gets less interesting with each listen. this last spin through, i was actually waiting for it to end.

2 hours ago, daveyjones said:

u can add lagwagon in there who released a fantastic song called bubble