The official Weezer thread

Aria

On 9/14/2019 at 12:34 AM, jlx9 said:

Y’all know that “I’m Just Being Honest” from the Black Album came from “Real Intentions” from Scott and Rivers?

I like IJBH’s chill instrumental but RI had a lot more energy on the chorus.

Yeah and he co-wrote a few songs for Asian Kung Fu Generation and re-used the melodies from Byzantine lmao. Rivers is so lazy now.

• 4 months later...

Just found this very rare gem of Matt Sharp playing with Blur on a french music show in 1996 (Taratata) where Blur covers the song "Friends of P" by The Rentals and at the end Matt joins them again and provides backing vocals for "Country House", it sounds so awesome!

Here is the full show :

• Love 1

• 8 months later...
18 minutes ago, Human No.4974733607 said:

I really like the first 2 songs and then it was just more of the same. I'm not saying Weezer was ever a fast band but this record is reeeeaaaallllyyy slow.

Yeah it's that kind of album, it's supposed to be a nod to Pet Sounds and such so the pace is to expected. And I think that there will be a lot of different thoughts about this album

One thing I especially like is the production on it. Something about the drums on especially track 2 and 3 that makes it sound soooo 90's to me

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

Wow. I don't agree the whole "then it was just more of the same" comment. But I understand that it's all subjective ;D 

Yeah it's that kind of album, it's supposed to be a nod to Pet Sounds and such so the pace is to expected imo

I got more of a Beatles vibe from it, honestly. 

Yeah, I just can't do a lot of slow music, it all tends to run together for me. It's why I don't say this, or other records, suck very often. It's mostly just me being me and not a reflection of the artist or their music.

6 minutes ago, Human No.4974733607 said:

I got more of a Beatles vibe from it, honestly. 

Yeah, I just can't do a lot of slow music, it all tends to run together for me. It's why I don't say this, or other records, suck very often. It's mostly just me being me and not a reflection of the artist or their music.

Me too to be honest. While I understand that the pet sounds influence is more of the whole picture of the album than the sound itself, I think some songs have a big mystery tour vibe to them. 

You quoted me before I changed my answer, so I say it here again instead:

I think that there will be a lot of different thoughts about this album. 

One thing I especially like is the production on it. Something about the drums on especially track 2 and 3 that makes it sound soooo 90's to me

I'm loving this album at the moment. I did, however, not like the opening track when it was released as a single before the album, I needed to put it in context with the rest of the album to really like it.

1 minute ago, twentytwenty said:

Me too to be honest. While I understand that the pet sounds influence is more of the whole picture of the album than the sound itself, I think some songs have a big mystery tour vibe to them. 

You quoted me before I changed my answer, so I say it here again instead:

I think that there will be a lot of different thoughts about this album. 

I'm loving this album at the moment. I did, however, not like the opening track when it was released as a single before the album, I needed to put it in context with the rest of the album to really like it.

I think that illustrates the difference between our ears. You seem to listen to things on more technical levels, more production based ... where as I, well, I'm used to listening to shit sounding music so I never really pay all that much attention. I tend to focus on hooks and arrangements rather than production.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...