Teenage Satellites 

Left Alone

Pin the Grenade

San Diego

On Some Emo Shit

California 

Hey I'm Sorry

This would be a Hella strong record. 

Hate to deconstruct Nine so soon after release as I feel it is a very solid album on its own, and has little reason to be broken down or built up, but at the same time, there are a few I could drop for a few choice California tracks.  Here's my tracklist:

1. Cynical
2. First Time
3. Darkside
4. Bored To Death
5. Generational Divide
6. Los Angeles
7. Run Away
8. Black Rain
9. Misery
10. No Future
11. Pin the Grenade
12. Hey I'm Sorry
13. No Heart to Speak Of
14. Last Train Home
15. On Some Emo Shit
16. Hungover You
17. Bottom of the Ocean

I'd like to put more but at 17 tracks, I'm definitely pushing the length of a traditional album.

I'd just take Nine, swap out happy days for bored to death (as I think it works well as a comeback single) and leave it at that. Maybe slip Misery into the tracklist late on- was listening to this the other day and think maybe pre Nine's release it's the best post-Tom song, perhaps only because Mark's bridge is awesome. 

Cynical and Sober narrowly miss out, quality wise, but the latter wouldn't really fit anyway.

48 minutes ago, faithfellshortthistime said:

I'd just take Nine, swap out happy days for bored to death (as I think it works well as a comeback single) and leave it at that. Maybe slip Misery into the tracklist late on- was listening to this the other day and think maybe pre Nine's release it's the best post-Tom song, perhaps only because Mark's bridge is awesome. 

Cynical and Sober narrowly miss out, quality wise, but the latter wouldn't really fit anyway.

Not to derail this wonderful thread but can't stand Misery.  It starts out great, yes solid bridge (how formulatic have these bridges gotten?), but that chorus is an all time low, just so bland and generic and shitty.  

5 minutes ago, NotNow said:

Does anyone actually bother to read these threads? I just see a long list that’s slightly different between any two posters, and I just find myself scrolling to the bottom without actually reading anything.

i only cared about putting my setlist in never read one of any other in  here hahah 

Unfortunately I had to skip a couple of songs that I do like such as Bored to Death and Pin the Grenade. I feel those are a bit too upbeat sounding (especially in the choruses) for the darker vibe of the ultimate post-Tom album for me.

1. The First Time - This song was written to be the album intro.

2. Heaven - It's dark. It's energetic. It fits here perfect. It has hip hop grooves. Similar to Obvious from the smiley face album despite them being totally different.

3. I Really Wish I Hated You - I feel like this is the perfect mellow single, like I Miss You for smiley face or After Midnight for Neighborhoods. Those are early tracks on those albums, so I put that here.

4. Los Angeles - It's a weird dark song like Violence from the smiley face album. Also the 4th track from California, just like Violence is the 4th track from the smiley face album.

5. Black Rain - I just felt that the song fit here. Has the experimental shit going on like Snake Charmer from Neighborhoods. Has a weird outro like the same song. Perfect 5th track IMO.

6. Generational Divide - I always liked how Go on the smiley face album was the fastest and shortest song and also around the middle of the smiley face album. This song fits here IMO for the same reasons.

7. No Heart to Speak Of - It just fits IMO. Similar to Down on the smiley face album. It also has that piano outro.

8. Ransom - Just like GD and Go, I feel like the faster and short songs just fit so well around the middle.

9. Darkside - This is one of the more poppy tracks of the album and has a similar tempo to Always from smiley face and Wishing Well from Neighborhoods. I felt like it fit here.

10. On Some Emo Shit - This is where I was torn between 3 songs. It was either this, Pin the Grenade or Run Away. I'm just not a fan of the choruses of the latter two tracks. I feel like On Some Emo shit shows that vibe of the Cure a bit more too.

11. Bottom of the Ocean - Nice experimental track that's energetic, kinda like Easy Target. It just fits towards the 3rd part of the album for the same reasons.

12. Long Lost Feeling - It's a totally different song but like All of This after Easy Target, I feel like it blends in well after BOTO.

13. Hungover You - Ok, so I feel like this song fits here. You can tell the album is almost finishing.

14. San Diego - San Diego still has that moody dark vibe to it and is energetic. Not so different to what Here's Your Letter does for the smiley face album.

15. Remember to Forget Me - Perfect album closer. Best album closer since the smiley face album IMO.