jimmy eat world back and its great

Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan

19 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Still a bit high for me as I'm not a diehard JEW fan like I am for blink, and even for blink I've mostly stopped collecting. But it would be cool to have, for sure.

the 2015 2LP pressing is the best sounding, imo. it can still be had for about $14

https://www.discogs.com/Jimmy-Eat-World-Clarity/release/7807469

24 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

the 2015 2LP pressing is the best sounding, imo. it can still be had for about $14

https://www.discogs.com/Jimmy-Eat-World-Clarity/release/7807469

I think that's the one that I have! I'd have to go look at my vinyl collection to be sure, but I just got this record on vinyl in the past few years.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, daveyjones said:

the songs on the stay your side tonight EP were not from futures. at least, the band did not demo them, either in the first sessions with mark trombino or the second ones with gil norton. if they were written and intended for the album, they would have demoed them.

they dont have to demo songs for them to be on the record they are working on

heres an article about it

https://www.allmusic.com/album/stay-on-my-side-tonight-mw0000642132

maybe this is wrong information are not referring to disintegration but i always took it as disintegration had been recorded for furture but left out cause it didn't fit in

6 hours ago, daveyjones said:

the songs on the stay your side tonight EP were not from futures. at least, the band did not demo them, either in the first sessions with mark trombino or the second ones with gil norton. if they were written and intended for the album, they would have demoed them.

Futures, released in 2004, found Gil Norton at the production helm after early sessions with longtime J.E.W. producer Trombino were scrapped, but the Arizona quartet's decision to move on to a new knob-twiddler wasn't a complete loss; the three original tracks on Stay On My Side Tonight stem from these original Trombino sessions. Most noteworthy of the three is the much-hyped "Disintigration," easily one of the best post-"The Middle" Jimmy Eat World songs. In addition to Zach Lind's drumming talent, Jim Adkins, Trombino and Tony Hajjar (of Sparta fame) all hit the skins as well. As expected, the thunderous, tribal drumming is the most compelling aspect of the 7-minute and 45-second epic. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, oliver_makes_good_points said:

Futures, released in 2004, found Gil Norton at the production helm after early sessions with longtime J.E.W. producer Trombino were scrapped, but the Arizona quartet's decision to move on to a new knob-twiddler wasn't a complete loss; the three original tracks on Stay On My Side Tonight stem from these original Trombino sessions. Most noteworthy of the three is the much-hyped "Disintigration," easily one of the best post-"The Middle" Jimmy Eat World songs. In addition to Zach Lind's drumming talent, Jim Adkins, Trombino and Tony Hajjar (of Sparta fame) all hit the skins as well. As expected, the thunderous, tribal drumming is the most compelling aspect of the 7-minute and 45-second epic. 

maybe @oliver_makes_good_points makes his own good points from time to time.

although i wouldn't trust all music's info, it's basically just a wiki.

People tend to slag off every post-Chase This Light record, and while I think Invented is solid, I was really disappointed by Damage and didn't expect anything, but Integrity Blues turned out to be the best thing since Futures and a great example of modernising the sound. Hugely recommended.

Still, Clarity is a top-10 album ever for me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, alex_dept. said:

People tend to slag off every post-Chase This Light record, and while I think Invented is solid, I was really disappointed by Damage and didn't expect anything, but Integrity Blues turned out to be the best thing since Futures and a great example of modernising the sound. Hugely recommended.

ur right intergrity blues is a fantastic "post big event" type of feeling album the sound textures are fantastic and has a very unique overall sound 

destination addicted(or whatever its called) is one of the best song i heard in my life 

in sure and certain theres this breakdown/bridge part that is the genre of this song

and its so fanstastic that theyve been able to stick that genre of music in their rock style song

what a terrific thing

Justin Meldal-Johnsen is the real deal production wise

and hes climbing the latter quick in terms of becoming one of the best producer around

21 hours ago, alex_dept. said:

I really tried with integrity blues, I could definitely hear it was different (although to Damages credit, I quite like Book Of Love and I WIll Steal You Back) but it still didn't stick with me at all. Might give it another spin though.