jimmy eat world back and its great

Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan

1 minute ago, Ari said:

You will see in a few minutes in the entertaininment section topic I am creating. Put on your helmet, gear up for war mother fucker. 

What have I done lol

Only had one proper play through, intrigued so far. A lot of filler as there has been for a long while in their releases but some good eggs too. My main stand outs so far are Recommit and Congratulations. I quite like One Mil as well because it's kinda cute. Congratulations is just fucking awesome, I love when Jimmy do heavier and slightly weird. Recommit gave me serious Futures feels, like a mix of 23 and Polaris.

There will probably be a couple of these I keep about, will listen a few more times and see if others stick better. 

21 hours ago, Emil said:

The album was ok, nothing more nothing less and overall what I expected it to be. Something that did take me by surprise however was the music video for 555...

This has got to be the weirdest thing they've ever done.

it's kind of charmingly ridiculous, especially the green screen bits, he clearly wanted to have fun with it.

“I’ve always liked the Rick Springfield video for ‘Bop ‘Till You Drop’. A reptilian overlord managing his minions gets overthrown by his workforce. He’s kind of trying to keep them in line, but one guy breaks into song and mass rebellion ensues. From the overlord’s perspective, that day was a pretty bad day. I always thought that was funny. So ‘555’ sees me cast as a galactic evil master, overseeing an army of cloned species doing my bidding – this is the only life they know, joining me in song in this post-apocalyptic dystopia.” 

Just listened to the album for the first time today. It's a damn good album and IMO the best release since Bleed American. I couldn't get into Futures like a lot of people could. Although I do love Kill from that album. All the albums after that were pretty boring for me. But Surviving is fucking superb. Best album of the year for me.