jimmy eat world back and its great

Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan

9 hours ago, Nosferatu said:

Just listened to the album for the first time today. It's a damn good album and IMO the best release since Bleed American. I couldn't get into Futures like a lot of people could. Although I do love Kill from that album. All the albums after that were pretty boring for me. But Surviving is fucking superb. Best album of the year for me.

giphy.gif

but...but... Just Tonight? Pain?! Polaris?!  NIGHT DRIVE!!? FUCKIN' 23?!!! It's literally the only Jimmy record where I adore every song haha 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

giphy.gif

but...but... Just Tonight? Pain?! Polaris?!  NIGHT DRIVE!!? FUCKIN' 23?!!! It's literally the only Jimmy record where I adore every song haha 

Honestly, I don't get it either. I loved Clarity and Bleed American. I think it might be because I never listened to Futures as much, so I didn't give it a chance to grow on me haha. But Surviving is so damn catchy to me. I like it straight away. I don't get it at all.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:17 AM, Ghost said:

I'm not entirely into this new album. Certainly feels a little bit Futires-ish, but not 100% feeling it. We'll see how it evolves through repeated listens.

i gave it a full listen in the car yesterday. it's a grower. there are some rockers.

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

this happened and it makes me so happy lol

That is something I didn't realise I needed in my life, but now that it's here I'm beside myself with happiness. 

• Love 1

1 hour ago, daveyjones said:

huh... i had never heard of this guy and looked up the video. it's sort of glammy van halen but with pop punk octaves and piano... when was this song popular?

Like 03 or 04 ... you've never heard of Andrew WK?!

Get out of here, you crazy son of a bitch!

Edit: I looked it up and it says the album it is from got released in 2001!

On 10/26/2019 at 5:45 AM, Ari said:

23 is one of the most beautiful songs ever.  That whole album is amazing. Shouldn’t be possible to dislike it.

It's such a great album, and it has so much great complimentary content as well.  Stay on My Side Tonight is a brilliant companion EP, between all the different versions of Futures, there are like 5 or 6 great bonus tracks, and then their are 2 full demos (one with Norton as producer, the other with Trombino) for practically every track, and they're all great too.  What a fantastic album to be so spoiled with.

• Love 1

26 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i haven't listened to the radio since like 1994. and i gave up TV in '99, so yea i missed him completely.

I didn't hear him 'til one of those Warped Tour comps came out with a song of his. She Is Beautiful is a pretty good song and so is Ready To Die.

This EP reminds me of him a little bit

https://youtu.be/qqg0OHNbI7c

5 hours ago, daveyjones said:

so he's like phil collins

Phil Collins is awesome. 

8 hours ago, M!ke said:

It's such a great album, and it has so much great complimentary content as well.  Stay on My Side Tonight is a brilliant companion EP, between all the different versions of Futures, there are like 5 or 6 great bonus tracks, and then their are 2 full demos (one with Norton as producer, the other with Trombino) for practically every track, and they're all great too.  What a fantastic album to be so spoiled with.

Disintegration is probably one of their best songs ever. I was so pumped that I got to hear it live.