jimmy eat world back and its great

Mard_Smartiest_Blinkfan

9 hours ago, Kay said:

Phil Collins is awesome.

he totally is. but because of his public reputation, i find he's in the 'guilty pleasure' category.

it's sort of the like the eagles. no one is claiming they are bad musicians or wrote horrible material. they sold a bajillion records. they'll be remembered as long as twentieth century rock is. yet the public reputation of the eagles is awful. you won't find an american band more hated.

but if you happen to like the eagles, well, then call it a guilty pleasure.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, daveyjones said:

he totally is. but because of his public reputation, i find he's in the 'guilty pleasure' category.

it's sort of the like the eagles. no one is claiming they are bad musicians or wrote horrible material. they sold a bajillion records. they'll be remembered as long as twentieth century rock is. yet the public reputation of the eagles is awful. you won't find an american band more hated.

but if you happen to like the eagles, well, then call it a guilty pleasure.

Are other people's opinions that important? 

The Eagles are pretty terrible. 

2 hours ago, Kay said:

My dad's a fan. 

The third time I smoked pot my friends got called into work and I was left alone. I hung out and watched some kids play soccer for a while and drank water from a garden hose and at my peak I wandered home. I came through the front door and my dad was play air guitar to the Eagles with one leg propped up on the coffee table. That's the extent of my Eagles experience.

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Speedo said:

The third time I smoked pot my friends got called into work and I was left alone. I hung out and watched some kids play soccer for a while and drank water from a garden hose and at my peak I wandered home. I came through the front door and my dad was play air guitar to the Eagles with one leg propped up on the coffee table. That's the extent of my Eagles experience.

Dad's rocking The Eagles, can't beat it. My dad would play guitar and sing Hotel California to me when I was a kid, and him and my mum would sing Lyin' Eyes. Lots of my dad's bands have just stuck with me - Stranglers, 10cc, Dr Hook, Alice Cooper, few others. He's not a great guitarist but he taught me and got me doing sing alongs from a young age. I wonder if I'll have my future kids singing shite blink stuff down the road. 

1 minute ago, Kay said:

Dad's rocking The Eagles, can't beat it. My dad would play guitar and sing Hotel California to me when I was a kid, and him and my mum would sing Lyin' Eyes. Lots of my dad's bands have just stuck with me - Stranglers, 10cc, Dr Hook, Alice Cooper, few others. He's not a great guitarist but he taught me and got me doing sing alongs from a young age. I wonder if I'll have my future kids singing shite blink stuff down the road. 

I started mine out super young and now she's a blink fan.

https://youtu.be/ucMZeqW5Jrg

• Love 1

It's only in recent years when I found out a lot of people can't stand Bon Jovi. Didn't know Eagles were hated but my Dad is a fan of them and I've never heard anyone else really talk about them, so I guess that's why I didn't know about this hatred for the Eagles. I've heard a few people hate on Bon Jovi though. Similar in a way to people's hatred for Nickelback.