Dude Ranch Demo Tape?

bradsonemanband

37 minutes ago, asdf182 said:

were any other songs recorded during the uranus sessions?

as far as i know, the uranus sessions in 1995 with jeff forrest at doubletime were as follows:

"wrecked him"
"waggy"
"zulu"
"lemmings"
"good times" (cover of the TV show theme song for the good times surf tour VHS video)

it's entirely possible the 1995 "princess leia" demo as well as "the girl next door" SW cover (which is also from 1995) come from those sessions, but i don't have confirmation on that. remember, it's expensive to schedule studio time, so it makes sense for a band to book a block and crank out a bunch of tunes at once. thus it seems more reasonable that they were all done at the same time. but who knows.

i have jeff forrest's contact info but i haven't got around to talking to him about this yet.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

as far as i know, the uranus sessions in 1995 with jeff forrest at doubletime were as follows:

wrecked him
waggy
zulu
lemmings
good times (cover of the TV show theme song)

it's entirely possible the 1995 princess leia demo as well as the girl next door cover (which is also from 1995) come from those sessions, but i don't have confirmation on that. remember, it's expensive to schedule studio time, so it makes sense for a band to book a block and crank out a bunch of tunes at once. thus it seems more reasonable that they were all done at the same time. but who knows.

i have jeff forrest's contact info but i haven't got around to talking to him about this yet.

Thanks for the info! i wonder why lemmings didn't make it to the uranus ep, it would've been cool :D

2 minutes ago, asdf182 said:

Thanks for the info! i wonder why lemmings didn't make it to the uranus ep, it would've been cool :D

because they saved it for its own cargo seven inch, the split with swindle. uranus was ready for spring shows in 1996 (i bought mine at a january show at SOMA). lemmings shipped over the summer.

https://www.discogs.com/Blink-182-Swindle-Lemmings-Going-Nowhere/release/4810120

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ari said:

What I was trying to say is, if you’re  not gonna share it putting up a twenty second preview to brag and show you have it just to say you’re not gonna share it is obnoxious. 

Gotcha now and that I agree with. If the person who posted that clip really has the demo or even just that one song, they're a dickhead.

6 hours ago, daveyjones said:

"wrecked him"
"waggy"
"zulu"
"lemmings"
"good times" (cover of the TV show theme song for the good times surf tour VHS video)

it's entirely possible the 1995 "princess leia" demo as well as "the girl next door" SW cover (which is also from 1995) come from those sessions, but i don't have confirmation on that. remember, it's expensive to schedule studio time, so it makes sense for a band to book a block and crank out a bunch of tunes at once. thus it seems more reasonable that they were all done at the same time. but who knows.

It would be cool to hear what info Jeff has/remembers on basically anything from that time period.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/27/2019 at 9:50 PM, Jon Benjamin said:

Like I said earlier in the thread, I have a friend who has it, And no he won’t share it.

I'm assuming you live in US? Is your friend Rob Perelman. Or are you buddies with Chesh in Israel or wherever? Where did they get it from originally? How many have it?

I still don't understand why people are keeping these particular demos to themselves. We have demos from enema and various early 90s years. Why keep these? Nobody is going to jail. I would betray whoever has them in 2 seconds, since they don't belong to them either. 

What I would do, outside of a heist mission, is bring a secret second phone to record these songs. When your friend sits you down to listen and you leave your phone in the other room, he will never know you're wearing a wire!

Edited by Feeling_This_1
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

On 2/19/2020 at 11:01 AM, Feeling_This_1 said:

I'm assuming you live in US? Is your friend Rob Perelman. Or are you buddies with Chesh in Israel or wherever? Where did they get it from originally? How many have it?

I still don't understand why people are keeping these particular demos to themselves. We have demos from enema and various early 90s years. Why keep these? Nobody is going to jail. I would betray whoever has them in 2 seconds, since they don't belong to them either. 

What I would do, outside of a heist mission, is bring a secret second phone to record these songs. When your friend sits you down to listen and you leave your phone in the other room, he will never know you're wearing a wire!

They're dickheads, plain and simple. There's absolutely no reason to not share this as a 320 kbps (or at least 192) mp3 for everyone to download and enjoy along with the other demos, other than wanting to be an elitist prick. Music is meant to be heard and enjoyed.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

They're dickheads, plain and simple. There's absolutely no reason to not share this as a 320 kbps (or at least 192) mp3 for everyone to download and enjoy along with the other demos, other than wanting to be an elitist prick. Music is meant to be heard and enjoyed.

The music is being heard and enjoyed. Dude Ranch was release in 1997.

• Crab 1

53 minutes ago, Speedo said:

The music is being heard and enjoyed. Dude Ranch was release in 1997.

heard but not enjoyed. the demos are way better. the mix and mastering on dude ranch sucks. trombino was the wrong call. but, tom was in love with static prevails.

TL;DR... if you don't like the sound of dude ranch, blame jimmy eat world.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

heard but not enjoyed. the demos are way better. the mix and mastering on dude ranch sucks. trombino was the wrong call. but, tom was in love with static prevails.

TL;DR... if you don't like the sound of dude ranch, blame jimmy eat world.

I blame Jimmy Eat World for most things. I Hate Jew.

• Crab 1