Dude Ranch Demo Tape?

bradsonemanband

8 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Sweetness, Middle, this song and maybe one or two others are really the only JEW songs I've ever gotten in to... I've tried, several times but just never could get them to click with me. 

What about Blister? 

12 minutes ago, Speedo said:

I don't suffer fans with faulty reasoning skills and entitlement issues, kindly, no. Call it a flaw, if you must... I try to be a great adult in every other way though. 

I don't have an issue with what Davey did, nor would I have issue with the DR demos. My problem is how you're acting about it not being released. Do you always lash out when you don't get what you want? 

You're awfully dramatic. Having an opinion isn't lashing out. Messaging these individuals and harassing them over it would be. I think you're the one who needs to get over yourself.

If you're part of a community and hoarding/not sharing something like that you're a dick. Take care.

• Like 1

Just now, blinkstillrules said:

You're awfully dramatic. Having an opinion isn't lashing out. Messaging these individuals and harassing them over it would be. I think you're the one who needs to get over yourself.

If you're part of a community and hoarding/not sharing something like that you're a dick. Take care.

Have a great day! 

• Crab 1

1 minute ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

@Patient #48273 can you direct your boy Speedo to a Jimmy Eat World topic please. He has claimed he's not interested in the Dude Ranch demos, doesn't know what's on them and is discussing a different band for 2 straight pages

Nonsense, pedo. I'm totally interested in hearing them, I'm just not really gonna sit here and fangirl out over them. 

• Crab 1

10 hours ago, daveyjones said:

if someone has the dude ranch demos and doesn't want to share them, i think it's pretty lame, personally, but whatever. that's their prerogative. i don't have a right to tell them what to do with their mp3 collection.

what does bother me is:

1.) that blink is a band who doesn't try to connect with multiple generations of their fans and doesn't honor their own creative legacy by choosing to not release deluxe anniversary editions of albums, b-side collections, or copious live records. you know, like just about every other band in the rock genre. mark and tom have always been forward thinking and almost never backward thinking. in fact, the only reason blink re-released buddha on kung fu in 1998 was to reassert their ownership of the master recordings and force pat secor's hand (who was still selling the tape through the mail). it had nothing to do with legacy or the fans. it's the same with live sets... just about every other band in the rock genre peppers their sets with deep cuts. not blink. they forget a song like "touchdown boy" or "apple shampoo" even exists. but pearl jam will drop an unreleased song from 1993 into their live performance even today, something off an import CD single or bootleg, just for the fans. like, all the time. it's almost like they give a shit about their own music.

2.) people who openly brag about possessing the dude ranch demos (or having access to them) or anything else rare and unreleased. and then in the same sentence telling the fan community that they would "never share them." it's fine if you don't want to share, but it's rather impolite to wave it in other fans' faces. in fact, it just makes you look like a total tool.

3.) bootleggers who bait that they have the demos by posting little short snippets with audio watermarks on them advertising themselves. i put them in the same category as bootleggers who watermark images of things they found online, pissing on them like a dog marks their territory: these people are scum.

I agree with this completely.

Not sharing something like that is lame when you're openly participating in a fan community (it's lame in general. You're just sharing mp3 files). I use the word dick. Doing points 2 and 3 certainly makes you a dick. No one can force someone to release them, but IMO, when you openly flaunt something like that or do points 2 and 3, I see no reason for a community to continue to allow you to be apart of it. Just my .02. I'd love to see a blink community where demos, live shows, etc are all shared with accurate information on them. I'll mention that JEW board again, it was the shit. BTW if anyone wants/needs JEW demos, hit me up, I'll gladly share them.

And yeah blink is dumb when it comes to talking care of the older fanbase. We wanna hear deep cuts every now and then. They also certainly missed a real opportunity when DR turned 20 to do a double disc release: Disc 1 DR remixed and remastered by Tom Lord-Alge like the radio edits and disc 2 the DR demo session with Fitzgerald. I'd easily pay for that. Include some cool photos and notes in the linear notes. Could've done the same with Enema and the Enema demos, even though they're easily available.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, blinkstillrules said:

They also certainly missed a real opportunity when DR turned 20 to do a double disc release: Disc 1 DR remixed and remastered by Tom Lord-Alge like the radio edits and disc 2 the DR demo session with Fitzgerald. I'd easily pay for that.

this has me salivating

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Feeling_This_1 said:

@Patient #48273 can you direct your boy Speedo to a Jimmy Eat World topic please. He has claimed he's not interested in the Dude Ranch demos, doesn't know what's on them and is discussing a different band for 2 straight pages

I’d take @Speedo talking nonsense for pages over seeing a creep like you floating around any day.

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

2 hours ago, blinkstillrules said:

Me too. What a MISSED opportunity.

25th anniversary editions. they could start this year with CC, continue with DR in 2022... CC would be easy. just release doubletime demos and extra rarities like family next door, etc. i’m sure there’s stuff we haven’t heard from that era, considering the ‘98 issue of buddha had the girl next door cover and don’t, both of which were brand new but unreleased

• Like 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, boxelder said:

25th anniversary editions. they could start this year with CC, continue with DR in 2022... CC would be easy. just release doubletime demos and extra rarities like family next door, etc. i’m sure there’s stuff we haven’t heard from that era, considering the ‘98 issue of buddha had the girl next door cover and don’t, both of which were brand new but unreleased

Can try tweeting it to Mark but I doubt he'll care. @daveyjones is right, they don't pay much attention to their past and it's sad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, boxelder said:

25th anniversary editions.

EXACTLY! that's what R.E.M. started doing in 2008. they just hit 1994's monster this past fall. and i've bought every single anniversary release (even though i already had bought every album in multiple formats). and they're all completely worth it. some are four, five discs. most are two. all remixed remastered. some have a live show on disc two, others have demos.

2091cf862a4c7a741b7c6337c01b5ca7.jpg

• Like 2