Dude Ranch Demo Tape?

bradsonemanband

11 hours ago, blinkstillrules said:

It was a fan account's story so it's gone now.

Thank you so much for posting this 😃Of course it would be a Taylor Steele's surf video given his close link with Blink !

The clip is from Taylor Steele's "Drifting" from 1996.

Here is the full surf video (with Josie at 36:18)

Also in the credits written as

BLINK-182

"Josie"

Cargo/Way Cool Music

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, boxelder said:

it’s trash quality haha, and sounds ripped from the cassette and put into the film. of note was the original lyric “my girlfriend likes the beach and DHC”. other than that it’s entirely the same, but a noteworthy find for sure 

Well, it's not "entirely the same." The whole second verse wasn't written yet, and they just repeat the first verse again in the second verse of this demo. 

8 minutes ago, bradsonemanband said:

Have you watched their Album Launch MTV special? If not, you'll love it.

I have! I love seeing Tom noodling around on the Up All Night riff so many years before. Those Tom and Mark acoustic jams are so good too! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, crazydave686 said:

right, i was unsure of that.

we've got "enthused" that snippet of "apple shampoo" and now this "josie" recording. i remember loving "dammit" so much better from the demo that mark played me... to this day i'd give anything to have the DR demos in full.

• Love 1

Refusing to let this die. Even if this turns into an overall demo thread, would still be really cool. 

I also remember someone from the Facebook blink groups claiming to have bought the blinkumentary footage from HNDSMRNSM. Not that they’d ever leak it, but it’s another traced line. 

Regarding Untitled demos, the band claims to have recorded all demos used for that album. So there was nothing left over. I had talked to someone who claimed to have a demo from the Untitled era and sent me a clip. We were going to trade a demo I had from City Comma State for the whole demo song but the clip he sent sounded like a live recording of a joke song. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Dook said:

I also remember someone from the Facebook blink groups claiming to have bought the blinkumentary footage from HNDSMRNSM. Not that they’d ever leak it, but it’s another traced line. 

Regarding Untitled demos, the band claims to have recorded all demos used for that album. So there was nothing left over. I had talked to someone who claimed to have a demo from the Untitled era and sent me a clip. We were going to trade a demo I had from City Comma State for the whole demo song but the clip he sent sounded like a live recording of a joke song. 

I doubt the blinkumentary was sold in any form, Christopher Holmes provided some insight on this in my interview with him. *Tom voice* #ComingSoon

For the Untitled stuff, I have an interview lined up with Dave Carlock who was in the house and did the pre-production for that album. We'll def get an answer on that soon.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

I doubt the blinkumentary was sold in any form, Christopher Holmes provided some insight on this in my interview with him. *Tom voice* #ComingSoon

For the Untitled stuff, I have an interview lined up with Dave Carlock who was in the house and did the pre-production for that album. We'll def get an answer on that soon.

Only reason I believe this dude is because he collects and hoards all blink recordings. Like all love performances, interviews, songs, you name it. He had screenshots of his discussion with HNDSMRNSM like last year. He’s dropped insane amounts of money for recordings. I’m pretty sure he’s one of the people with the Dude Ranch demo, too. He’s the dude with the TCTCU profile pic on YouTube.

Would love any Untitled info! Favorite album. 

1 hour ago, Dook said:

Regarding Untitled demos, the band claims to have recorded all demos used for that album. So there was nothing left over.

Yeah I remember reading that they didn't have any full songs left over too, but it would still be so fascinating to hear early demo versions of the songs we all know and love. They had to have been tracking new ideas and stuff constantly during those sessions.

• Like 1