Dude Ranch Demo Tape?

bradsonemanband

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2020 at 12:59 PM, Flames said:

For all have not seen it, heres the Jackson Hole Wyoming performance (12-31-96) with some Dude Ranch songs played 

This is cool, but there is a bunch of dude ranch songs played before it came out.

19 hours ago, crazydave686 said:

This is cool, but there is a bunch of dude ranch songs played before it came out.

for sure. i saw "apple shampoo" played live in july 1996. that's probably the earliest written-for-dude ranch debut. they started playing "voyeur" and "josie" in the fall. i first saw "dammit dammit sonofabitch" live just a few weeks after this wyoming footage in ventura, CA.

however, apart from sound checks, this appears to be the first 1996 clip to surface with live songs written-for-dude ranch on it.

• Like 4

23 hours ago, daveyjones said:

for sure. i saw "apple shampoo" played live in july 1996. that's probably the earliest written-for-dude ranch debut. they started playing "voyeur" and "josie" in the fall. i first saw "dammit dammit sonofabitch" live just a few weeks after this wyoming footage in ventura, CA.

however, apart from sound checks, this appears to be the first 1996 clip to surface with live songs written-for-dude ranch on it.

I've got the entire set in both video and mp3, split into the songs individually.

The dude on eBay who was selling the original Cargo release stuff says he had a 2 track recording for Dude Ranch. He has no way to play the files but it’s a lead to the possible “demo” if that 2 track has those demo files. I asked if he would feel comfortable putting them up to stream somewhere IF he was able to listen to it and he said it would depend on getting in touch with the band and seeing if they’re comfortable putting it out there. 

Mark recently said he won’t put Life’s So Boring with vocals  out there so I doubt he’d ever be comfortable putting this demo up. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dook said:

The dude on eBay who was selling the original Cargo release stuff says he had a 2 track recording for Dude Ranch. He has no way to play the files but it’s a lead to the possible “demo” if that 2 track has those demo files. I asked if he would feel comfortable putting them up to stream somewhere IF he was able to listen to it and he said it would depend on getting in touch with the band and seeing if they’re comfortable putting it out there. 

Mark recently said he won’t put Life’s So Boring with vocals  out there so I doubt he’d ever be comfortable putting this demo up. 

I didn't know that they had a demo of Life's So Boring with vocals.

I would just put it out there. Their other demos are out there already. That's just me.

• Like 1

Just throwing this question out there. Does anyone know if Blink played I'm Sorry live? I know on Setlist FM it says in 2001 they played it once, but have they ever played it before then at all? Sorry for the weird question, it's one of my favorites off of Dude Ranch.

3 hours ago, Flames said:

Just throwing this question out there. Does anyone know if Blink played I'm Sorry live? I know on Setlist FM it says in 2001 they played it once, but have they ever played it before then at all? Sorry for the weird question, it's one of my favorites off of Dude Ranch.

I've never heard a live version of that song or Emo. Which show in 2001 says they played it?

12 hours ago, blinkstillrules said:

I've never heard a live version of that song or Emo. Which show in 2001 says they played it?

April 30th 2001 Honda Civic Tour

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink182/2001/paramount-theatre-seattle-wa-7bced2a8.html

It's setlistFM so i'm skeptical. I've been trying to find a Bootleg of this concert for a while, and yeah the only time i heard it live was the intro of the song played in the live versions of Peggy Sue in 96 

6 minutes ago, Flames said:

April 30th 2001 Honda Civic Tour

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/blink182/2001/paramount-theatre-seattle-wa-7bced2a8.html

It's setlistFM so i'm skeptical. I've been trying to find a Bootleg of this concert for a while, and yeah the only time i heard it live was the intro of the song played in the live versions of Peggy Sue in 96 

I saw them on that tour on May 6th 2001 in Philadelphia. I recently scanned pics I took at that show. "I'm Sorry" wasn't in the setlist the night I saw them. I'm skeptical of that claim.

40 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

I saw them on that tour on May 6th 2001 in Philadelphia. I recently scanned pics I took at that show. "I'm Sorry" wasn't in the setlist the night I saw them. I'm skeptical of that claim.

Yeah man, i'm skeptical too cause it's only one time and only in 2001. If it is true, then most likely it was a Fan request they played

18 hours ago, Flames said:

Just throwing this question out there. Does anyone know if Blink played I'm Sorry live?

neither "i'm sorry" nor "emo" were played during 1996–1998. i can confirm that for sure.

and yea that 2001 setlist FM set... i wouldn't trust that at all. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Flames said:

Yeah man, i'm skeptical too cause it's only one time and only in 2001. If it is true, then most likely it was a Fan request they played

Yea no way they played that in 2001. Donald Trump must have written in that set list for FM

• Haha 1