Dude Ranch Demo Tape?

bradsonemanband

Hey its not dude ranch related, but saw blink italia reply on twitter with mark tom and another guy singing apart of family next door, then saw that the whole song is on YouTube, with the buddha picture but im sure its not on buddha and its really good quality not like flyswatter so where was this song released? Pretty funny and shows these guys were pretty much on the same wavelength from the beginning   daveyjones

Meh did a bit more research and they were on the original tape just not on the cd, with degenerate and transvestite...always thought those 2 were really shit quality and unlistenable but seems to be really good quality on youtube now

Just listening to demo2 and flyswatter on YouTube, thought these were a mess before and could barely listen to them but there seems to be some good quality videos on there now...

How did every time not get on buddha? Scotts drums and marks base are quality, tom recycles  that riff on most of the songs tho lol but he kills it

12 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Just listening to demo2 and flyswatter on YouTube, thought these were a mess before and could barely listen to them but there seems to be some good quality videos on there now...

How did every time not get on buddha? Scotts drums and marks base are quality, tom recycles  that riff on most of the songs tho lol but he kills it

Do you have a link for that song and these demos?

On 5/4/2020 at 3:46 AM, prankerd14 said:

with mark tom and another guy singing apart of family next door,

the acoustic one? sure that clip's been online for years. "the family next door" was only recorded in the studio once, for the original buddha demo tape (sessions over xmas break dec 1993–jan 1994). it was excised from the kung fu remix/remaster, amongst others.

FYI demo #2 and flyswatter, i possess both as original analog cassettes. buddha as well. the first direct rips on the internet (192k uploaded to the demonoid bittorrent tracker in 2003-04) were mine. i am also the source of the 320k rips that have made their way across the nets.

i talked about distributing lossy rips with an admin of this site a number of years back but we agreed it would just lead to the bootlegging of fake demo tapes if lossy made its way into the wild.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, daveyjones said:

the acoustic one? sure that clip's been online for years. "the family next door" was only recorded in the studio once, for the original buddha demo tape (sessions over xmas break dec 1993–jan 1994). it was excised from the kung fu remix/remaster, amongst others.

Hey yeh, it was used on toms pursuit of tone documentary not so long ago, thats where i saw it, who was the other guy singing? Do you know? 

Also what do you think of those original songs? Did you listen to them as much as like you would cheshire at the time?...

It may be a joke song the family next door but sounds so like blink from the start that song, could of easily dumped a few other songs from that 1998 buddha release...

I was always discouraged to listen to them demos because they sounded like ass! 

But never knew that demo 2 even existed till i  came on this site, back in the day when i had kaza and limwire just flyswatter would come up...

Demo 2 seems miles ahead quality wise ..

10 hours ago, Dook said:

Yeah, dipshit, there’s a million videos. Let’s try to be more specific. 

I literally went on youtube, searched blink 182 demo 2 and a playlist comes up, how hard is that ffs, then go on the best quality version you can find theres not many...

Theres definitely not a million videos 

5 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

I literally went on youtube, searched blink 182 demo 2 and a playlist comes up, how hard is that ffs, then go on the best quality version you can find theres not many...

Theres definitely not a million videos 

Actually 999,989 videos I just rounded up