Dude Ranch Demo Tape?

bradsonemanband

2 hours ago, Speedo said:

Please pm your address and I'll make sure it gets done.

You have to quote my messages because I’m not on here every 5 mins. Can’t keep up like you! Can’t figure out how to PM either but I’ll for sure send my address

Just now, Dook said:

You have to quote my messages because I’m not on here every 5 mins. Can’t keep up like you. Can’t figure out how to PM either but I’ll for sure send my address

Some people just don't take life cereally.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, prankerd14 said:

Did you listen to them as much as like you would cheshire at the time?

i listened to the buddha tape as much as CC back then sure. i've probably heard the original buddha many more times through than untitled.

On 5/7/2020 at 1:49 AM, daveyjones said:

FYI demo #2 and flyswatter, i possess both as original analog cassettes. buddha as well. the first direct rips on the internet (192k uploaded to the demonoid bittorrent tracker in 2003-04) were mine. i am also the source of the 320k rips that have made their way across the nets.

i talked about distributing lossy rips with an admin of this site a number of years back but we agreed it would just lead to the bootlegging of fake demo tapes if lossy made its way into the wild.

I ended up getting Buddha, Flyswatter, and Short Bus off of Napster in 1999. Was that you?

On 5/7/2020 at 5:13 PM, daveyjones said:

i listened to the buddha tape as much as CC back then sure. i've probably heard the original buddha many more times through than untitled.

I've definitely listened to my mp3s (burned to CD back in the day) of the original Buddha, Flyswatter, and Short Bus many more times than I've listened to self titled, Neighborhoods, and Dogs Eating Dogs.

3 hours ago, blinkstillrules said:

I ended up getting Buddha, Flyswatter, and Short Bus off of Napster in 1999. Was that you?

those were probably transcodes. what i meant to suggest is that i was the original source of mp3s down from a lossless (WAV) rip of the source cassettes (as far as i know).

• 5 months later...
On 4/3/2020 at 10:30 AM, Ry-Bread said:

I doubt the blinkumentary was sold in any form, Christopher Holmes provided some insight on this in my interview with him. *Tom voice* #ComingSoon

For the Untitled stuff, I have an interview lined up with Dave Carlock who was in the house and did the pre-production for that album. We'll def get an answer on that soon.

Blinkumentary clips were not bought. I was sent them ;)

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2021 at 7:39 PM, baddyguerrero said:

Any updates on the DR demos!?

rob got a rip of his tape to mark. mark listened to them. he commented on what he heard on one of his twitch streams. that is the end of the story thus far.

thank you for your contributions to the community.

• Crab 1

6 hours ago, daveyjones said:

rob got a rip of his tape to mark. mark listened to them. he commented on what he heard on one of his twitch streams. that is the end of the story thus far.

Don't be mean to the noobs just because the nurse took too long to get around to changing your diaper!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, daveyjones said:

Sounds like the lyrics to a shitty pop-punk band.

• Like 1

On 1/13/2021 at 11:42 PM, daveyjones said:

My apologies for the abrupt entrance. I read through the whole 14 page thread that night and saw that it died out so I took it upon myself to get the conversation about the holy grail started yet again. Appreciate all you’ve done, Davey. Thanks for the response.