Dude Ranch Demo Tape?

bradsonemanband

Just now, blinkstillrules said:

The demos. Every other demo is out there. If you're hoarding that one you're being a dick.

But you already know this. You're just trying to be funny and failing.

Ridiculous! I'm doing great, just look at all my likes! People tell me I'm funny all the time! Meanwhile, you're all hot and bothered 'cause you can't listen to a demo. 

• Crab 1

23 hours ago, daveyjones said:

heard but not enjoyed. the demos are way better. the mix and mastering on dude ranch sucks. trombino was the wrong call. but, tom was in love with static prevails.

TL;DR... if you don't like the sound of dude ranch, blame jimmy eat world.

I like Trombino's work on static prevails and clarity but man he fucked DR. They should've let Tom Lord-Alge mix and master the whole record. The radio edits for Dammit and Josie sound like the whole album should 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Ridiculous! I'm doing great, just look at all my likes! People tell me I'm funny all the time! Meanwhile, you're all hot and bothered 'cause you can't listen to a demo. 

I think it's sad when a community doesn't share demos and bootlegs. I think people that wanna be dicks should be booted from the community. That's my opinion.

In the early 2000s there was a Jimmy Eat World message board community where all bootleg live shows and demos were shared openly. It's where I got them all that I still have in my mp3 collection. That's how a community is supposed to work.

The blink community is full of elitists.

1 minute ago, blinkstillrules said:

I think it's sad when a community doesn't share demos and bootlegs. I think people that wanna be dicks should be booted from the community. That's my opinion.

In the early 2000s there was a Jimmy Eat World message board community where all bootleg live shows and demos were shared openly. It's where I got them all that I still have in my mp3 collection. That's how a community is supposed to work.

The blink community is full of elitists.

You think someone here on this message board is withholding Dude Ranch demos from you and that person should be removed? 

• Crab 1

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You think someone here on this message board is withholding Dude Ranch demos from you and that person should be removed? 

They're withholding it from the community as a whole. You don't have a community when it's just people trying to constantly be dicks one upping everyone. Reading comprehension not your thing?

They're withholding it from the community as a whole. You don't have a community when it's just people trying to constantly be dicks one upping everyone. Reading comprehension not your thing?

You think you're entitled to it? It's okay to steal music because you're a fan and the band owes it to you to let you pirate demo versions of songs they never meant for release and won't make any profit on? You sure are full of yourself! 

I mean it's one thing to WANT to hear it but quite another to think you're entitled to hear it. I mean, really, that sort of attitude is more detrimental to the community than someone not letting you pirate some songs they don't have permission to release. 

• Like 1

You think you're entitled to it? It's okay to steal music because you're a fan and the band owes it to you to let you pirate demo versions of songs they never meant for release and won't make any profit on? You sure are full of yourself! 

1 minute ago, Speedo said:

I mean it's one thing to WANT hear it but quite another to think you're entitled to hear it. I mean, really, that sort of attitude is more detrimental to the community than someone letting you pirate some songs they don't have permission to release. 

I don't care if you agree with my opinion. To openly flaunt it to the community where others have shared demos and bootlegs makes you a dick. Hoarding it is stupid. That JEW community was a perfect example of how a fan community should work. Unfortunately, blink's tends to be more toxic and elitist.

As for stealing, they're not commercially released so no one is losing money. But I'm glad you're concerned these demos might keep food off Mark Hoppus' plate.

Agree with me or not, my opinion doesn't change.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, blinkstillrules said:

I don't care if you agree with my opinion. To openly flaunt it to the community where others have shared demos and bootlegs makes you a dick. Hoarding it is stupid. That JEW community was a perfect example of how a fan community should work. Unfortunately, blink's tends to be more toxic and elitist.

As for stealing, they're not commercially released so no one is losing money. But I'm glad you're concerned these demos might keep food off Mark Hoppus' plate.

Agree with me or not, my opinion doesn't change.

Ahh, so if you have money you shouldn't expect to be paid for work you've done. 

Also, your definition of stealing seems a little suspect, are you sure you're not just trying to justify your entitlement? 

Interesting mindset you have there! 

I have a drawing in my office that my daughter made me, it wasn't released commercially though, so it's cool if you just take it!

• Haha 1

Ahh, so if you have money you shouldn't expect to be paid for work you've done. 

Also, your definition of stealing seems a little suspect, are you sure you're not just trying to justify your entitlement? 

Interesting mindset you have there! 

You're really reaching haha. Mark has been and still is paid for DR. You don't get paid (typically) for a demo. Go troll elsewhere.

I also hope you've never downloaded music. You wouldn't wanna be a hypocrite, right?

You're really reaching haha. Mark has been and still is paid for DR. You don't get paid (typically) for a demo. Go troll elsewhere.

I also hope you've never downloaded music. You wouldn't wanna be a hypocrite, right?

Plenty of artists get paid for demos... when they release them as a product to be sold. Of course, you're right, you wouldn't get paid for demos if they weren't released. 

Look at you, you're doing good! 

Of course I downloaded music, I was coming of age when Napster, WinMX, LimeWire, Kazaa came out but I didn't get all pissg and through a fit when I didn't have access to something and I didn't pretend I was owed it. 

• Crab 1

Just now, Speedo said:

Of course I downloaded music, I was coming of age when Napster, WinMX, LimeWire, Kazaa came out but I didn't get all pissg and through a fit when I didn't have access to something and I didn't pretend I was owed it. 

I was using all of them as well. It's not a "pissing fit". It's an opinion and an observation. You apparently can't handle someone having a different opinion from you. Typically, when you become an adult you learn to to accept that.

Davey shared Demo #2. That would not be out there if not for him. That's how this should work. If you have an issue with that, oh well.

I was using all of them as well. It's not a "pissing fit". It's an opinion and an observation. You apparently can't handle someone having a different opinion from you. Typically, when you become an adult you learn to to accept that.

Davey shared Demo #2. That would not be out there if not for him. That's how this should work. If you have an issue with that, oh well. 

I don't suffer fans with faulty reasoning skills and entitlement issues, kindly, no. Call it a flaw, if you must... I try to be a great adult in every other way though. 

I don't have an issue with what Davey did, nor would I have issue with the DR demos. My problem is how you're acting about it not being released. Do you always lash out when you don't get what you want? 

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1

4 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I was confused when I first saw it...but I love it too actually 

Sweetness, Middle, this song and maybe one or two others are really the only JEW songs I've ever gotten in to... I've tried, several times but just never could get them to click with me. 

• Like 1
  • Crab 1