Blink one day in the rock n roll hall of fame?

Hit me up Jans ex

This is something I thought would never happen. Looks like they’re second in a fan  vote list right now in case anyone wanted to figure out how to vote and go do so lol. I don’t think they’ll make it this go round, or possibly ever...but what do you all think about this?

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/motley-crue-iron-maiden-and-blink-182-are-leading-rock-and-roll-hall-of-fames-voice-your-choice-fan-vote/

• Wow 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Yes they will definitely go in eventually. Might take awhile though.

and Skiba will go in as well as Tom, of course. I'd imagine Scott Raynor would too, if he wanted to

I like your positivity..I’m not as positive they’ll get in. Would be rad tho!

• Like 2

if blink get in they get in for enema - untitled ... tom is not in the band, skiba joined when they decided to use cowriters while relying mostly on old tracks during their live shows. that ceremony would be a mess. not trying to troll. blink might still get in, even with skiba, but there are a couple of loose ends they need to connect before it makes any sense

just imagine how that ceremony would go down with the 4 of them... disaster!

• Like 1
  • Crab 1

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

if blink get in they get in for enema - untitled ... tom is not in the band, skiba joined when they decided to use cowriters while relying mostly on old tracks during their live shows. that ceremony would be a mess. not trying to troll. blink might still get in, even with skiba, but there are a couple of loose ends they need to connect before it makes any sense

just imagine how that ceremony would go down with the 4 of them... disaster!

It would be pretty simple. Every blink member gets in. During their live show the members who were in the band when the given song was recorded perform that song.

WMAA -> hof worthy

ATST -> hof worthy

i miss you -> hof worthy

up all night-> not hall of fame worthy

BTD -> not hof worthy

biomy- definately not hof worthy

The band had a shot of being inducted into the hallf of fame, but the last time they truely made an impact on pop culture was in 2004.

the time after the hiatus only proved that they had a good run from 1998 to 2004, but that they weren't capable to go on on such a high standard

i am seriously not trying to make this a skiba bashing  but @Ghent, if you think that neighborhoods - nine is anywhere close to being worthy to give them a space in the hall of fame, you are just trolling. everything that made blink electible for the RnR hall of fame ended 15 years ago, and instead of preserving that legacy for what it is, they decided to continue in a subpar fashion... which is great for the fans, but you^'ll have to agree that the overall reception of the band blink 182 would've been way better if they would've quit after the untitled record

Edit:

PS: who even cares about a HoF induction anyways?

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

WMAA -> hof worthy

ATST -> hof worthy

i miss you -> hof worthy

up all night-> not hall of fame worthy

BTD -> not hof worthy

biomy- definately not hof worthy

The band had a shot of being inducted into the hallf of fame, but the last time they truely made an impact on pop culture was in 2004.

the time after the hiatus only proved that they had a good run from 1998 to 2004, but that they weren't capable to go on on such a high standard

i am seriously not trying to make this a skiba bashing  but @Ghent, if you think that neighborhoods - nine is anywhere close to being worthy to give them a space in the hall of fame, you are just trolling. everything that made blink electible for the RnR hall of fame ended 15 years ago, and instead of preserving that legacy for what it is, they decided to continue in a subpar fashion... which is great for the fans, but you^'ll have to agree that the overall reception of the band blink 182 would've been way better if they would've quit after the untitled record

Edit:

Yeah? Without the use of intenert or search engines name 5 songs by Hank Ballard.

3 minutes ago, Speedo said:

Yeah? Without the use of intenert or search engines name 5 songs by Hank Ballard.

who the fuck is hank ballard?

edit: just checked his wikipedia. that guy seems to have been very consistent. my main issue with blink to get inducted is the messy way they handled things with their members. i don't think skiba is entitled to receive such an award just for being able to show up for shows and singing stuff other people wrote.  blinks legacy ha turned in to a wierd circle of outside producers and nobody knows who did what. they blew their chance IMO. up to 2003 the main people that where responsible for blinks music were mark tom and travis, and i believer they deserve credit for that. but they tarnished their legacy in to being just another paint by numbers pop/rock act so i don't think they even get close to that legendary state anymore

17 minutes ago, Neal said:

Apparently you since you just typed all of that up?

It's not about individual songs. It's the complete body of work. There is plenty there for HOF, especially considering their influence on other musicians. You don't have to jump through hoops finding a way to rationalize why Skiba shouldn't be in with them. He should.

blinks body of work from 1997 to 2003 was impeccable, after that not so much. then they decided to ditch one of the core members and continues with someone else while relying on outside writers. there are plenty of pop artists which do the same. blink is not the phenomenon they used to be, and by bowing down to the industries standards instead of setting them,they gave up their place in the HoF in my opinion

6 minutes ago, Neal said:

blinks body of work from 1997 to 2003 was impeccable, after that not so much. then they decided to ditch one of the core members and continues with someone else while relying on outside writers. there are plenty of pop artists which do the same. blink is not the phenomenon they used to be, and by bowing down to the industries standards instead of setting them,they gave up their place in the HoF in my opinion

Such a tombot that you can't accept blink in the HOF unless it's Tom only. Wow!

10 minutes ago, Neal said:

I'd say a majority of inductees continued their careers well past their prime. Weaker material from later in the career doesn't negate past success or influence.

• Like 5