Letter to fans when -182 was added

n i k u

Just saw it posted up on reddit a few hours ago and wondering if this is new to surface ? Honestly in the 20 years I’ve been a fan I’ve literally never seen this letter. 

would prob be good bit of content to put on the twitter/Instagram. I bet mark would respond to this. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, n i k u . said:

Just saw it posted up on reddit a few hours ago and wondering if this is new to surface ?

my scan. also, i know this because the scotch tape mark and water stain in the upper right corner are the same. this file is definitely degraded and more yellow. but it's mine.

5 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

the scan is mine. that's my letter. i can post the scan of the other side if you like. the good times tour dates are on it. and the address of where i lived back in october 1996.

Damn def post the other side aswell! Is that anywhere online? Is it just your dates or something cool looking?

• Like 1

Just now, Russel Coight said:

Is that anywhere online?

i first scanned that letter in like 2002 or 2003, so it would appear to have been in the wild for quite some time.

the dates are typeset just the same in times new roman bold. the address is just a label. it is hand stamped.

28 minutes ago, daveyjones said:

i first scanned that letter in like 2002 or 2003, so it would appear to have been in the wild for quite some time.

the dates are typeset just the same in times new roman bold. the address is just a label. it is hand stamped.

I love that they literally mailed letters. Oh how the times have changed. 

29 minutes ago, n i k u . said:

I love that they literally mailed letters. Oh how the times have changed. 

you signed up for mailing lists at shows. it was the only way to hear about a band and their shows besides local ads for venues. for blink during those days, i remember it was either anne hoppus or cameron at the merch table with the clipboard. i signed up more than once, because typically bands would send out a single mailing and then flush the list.

i didn't have my first email address until spring 1997 when i went to college. dial-up, oh yea!

• Like 5