Seinfeld > Friends, and every other sitcom ever. Fuckers.

Aria

All day. Any day. Period. End. Of. Story. I about had a heart attack when I popped open that ...Friends... **shudders** thread and read the Seinfeld hate.

Look, I knew going in to that topic I'd run into it. There are either or's in this life. You either adore Bright eyes, or you adore Death Cab For Cutie. Back in the day, half my friends rocked outward love towards TBS, while the other half, BN. Me, I skipped around holding my Straylight Run CD in the air like a flag for a country I'd be proud to be from. 

The most accurate to anything either or in this life is you're either ride or die Seinfeld, or ride or die Friends. 

Well FUCK friends. 

Bashing Seinfeld is UN-FUCKING-ACCEPTABLE. 

Let's go to war, assholes. I'm ready. I'm hungry. Seinfeld is the greatest sitcom of all time. That is not a subjective feeling, that is a mother fucking fact. 

I will gather up all of my reasons shortly, but I wanted to put this thread out there first. Also, if we're going to war I also need an army. Any volunteer recruits? @wannabe corn dog wanna be my top general?  We gotta...find a nuke or something. That'll be in the examples of why. 

• Like 2

Just now, Ghent said:

Seinfeld is easily the greatest sitcom of all time.

Other honorable mentions for me are Cheers, Dick Van Dyke Show, Parks and Rec, The Wonder Years...

in my top 3. So proud to have you on the team, buddy.  *wipes tear*.

• Haha 1

To love Seinfeld is to understand that with every event that occurs in your life, you can point it to Seinfeld.  It's ridiculous, insane... This show has an episode for everything you've experienced or can imagine yourself experiencing or every moment you ALMOST experienced. This last one is is typically summed up as "Man, I totally almost had a (insert Seinfeld character here) moment. For me, it 99 percent of the time always falls into George moments. 

1 minute ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

Office honestly put these shows in the past for me, if you count it.

Seinfeld is good but everyone who hates on Friends is just an edgester and uncomfortable with their sexuality/confidence issues.

The Office doesn't hold a candle to Seinfeld. 

And really @ that Friends assessment? I genuinely find that show the epitome of overrated for several reasons. Seinfeld is the show about nothing where everything happens, Friends is just the show where nothing happens. The funniest thing about Friends is how insanely silly the idea of the whole thing is.  

• Crab 1

Personal Ranking:

The Office>Fresh Prince>Friends>Always Sunny>Parks&Rec>HIMYM>Workaholics>70s Show>Cheers>Seinfeld

Non-Biased Ranking.(that I've seen):

Cheers>Dick Van Dyke>Office>Seinfeld>Friends>Lucy>Fraizer>Arrested Development>Fresh Prince>HIMYM>Always Sunny>Happy Days>Home Improvement>Scrubs>70s Show>*everything but Roseanne*

Probably forgot a few, not including anime or show shows

46 minutes ago, Ari said:

The Office doesn't hold a candle to Seinfeld. 

And really @ that Friends assessment? I genuinely find that show the epitome of overrated for several reasons. Seinfeld is the show about nothing where everything happens, Friends is just the show where nothing happens. The funniest thing about Friends is how insanely silly the idea of the whole thing is.  

It's supposed to be simple. It's not trying to be anything else. 

27 minutes ago, Ari said:

You’d put Friends before Seinfeld-

You’d put how I met your mother above the wonder years-

You’d put it’s always sunny above cheers? 

You...think Negatively about Roseanne?

tenor.gif

Yet you have a problem with the troll crab? It's a personal rankings list.

25 minutes ago, YANGGANG_2020 said:

It's supposed to be simple. It's not trying to be anything else. 

It can try to be whatever it wants, but nothing about Friends makes any logical sense, thus I can’t for the life of me understand its high praise. 

It also— I’ve never seen a show ignore character flaws so much which is one area in which Seinfeld blows it out of the water. The characters on Seinfeld aren’t the greatest people, and they face consequences regarding that in nearly every episode. Things do not go their way. 

They’re also not just magically rich to fit the show. 

27 minutes ago, Ari said:

i just think it's amusing to troll crab a post that isn't a troll. Comes off a bit whiney. 

Whining about the crab reaction?

Hmm I think that's more whiney if you ask me, it's all in fun for most of us.

But I can get if your humor is a bit, dull, being a Seinfeld fan and all..

36 minutes ago, Ari said:

i just think it's amusing to troll crab a post that isn't a troll. Comes off a bit whiney. 

Loads of people use it when they just don't like stuff now. I'm not a fan either but it's just how it is.