Has anyone seen Dear Zachary? In my opinion, the greatest documentary period end of story.

Aria

To me, nothing touches Dear Zachary. Nothing gets me more emotional. Nothing has affected me like this.  I just got teary-eyed watching the trailer again, it's that insanely gut-wrenching and important.  If anyone has seen it, and would like to discuss it please be very cautious about spoilers because I really, really hope those who have not seen this yet take the time to watch it. Do not give any spoilers without hiding it. 

One warning though: This documentary will without a doubt bring about a lot of rage and heartbreak from you. It's worth it though, because it truly is a special work of art. 

DO NOT research this movie before watching it. If part of you is considering watching it, take the chance and do not allow yourself any knowledge past perhaps the trailer. 

11 minutes ago, Scott. said:

I’ve heard about this and always put it off. I can’t be dealing with emotional shit tbh. Is it worth it?

I really think it is. There are so many different types of emotional shit- and they do different things to you, but this is the type of emotional thing that really, not just teaches you things, but...I can’t see a scenario where you don’t grow after watching it. You appreciate things in a far clearer way, and I truly don’t think any documentary or film in general will ever come with an impact like this one does. 

• 1 year later...
2 minutes ago, Cum said:

Can't go into too much detail because it would ruin the whole documentary, but it starts off as a documentary for a son of a father who died, so the filmmaker wanted to show the son who his father was. 

I don't believe in spoiler. It's the journey, not the destination. You can just throw shit in spoilers. 

4 minutes ago, The Margie Whipple Murders said:

I don't believe in spoiler. It's the journey, not the destination. You can just throw shit in spoilers. 

I haven't seen it in a few years but my recall is 

SPOILERS

[spoiler] His spouse/ex-wife was crazy and killed him. She was unstable and somehow got to keep the baby.  Once the documentary had begun filming, she killed the baby by drowning it in the ocean. She somehow got off from the Court and didn't serve time. The documentary follows the guy's family and their legal fight. Can't recall what ended up happening with his ex-wife though. There were jurisdiction issues between Canada/America as well [/spoiler] 

• Like 1