(boy, this might be unpopular, but) any fans of the Gothboiclique scene?

Aria

I'm an admitted big fan. I guess maybe it's a guilty pleasure? But I've never really felt the need to keep my head down about my taste in things soooo. Nah, fuck it not even,  I think this shit is fantastic. 

For those unfamiliar with this ...sub genre of sorts...  here's an introduction

That Bright Eyes sample though. and channelling Mark Hoppus in the chorus.

I had never heard of it being called this, but I’ve heard of some of these guys. I don’t necessarily listen to it myself, but my older kid listens to a lot of Juice Wrld (which sounds similar to this & I’d think falls at least close to this category). def Lil Peep a bit too & idk who else that’d fit here, but stuff like this for sure. I’ve been telling him that it sounds like if rap music was emo & he had no idea what emo is. So I tell him about it & that I’ve loved it since before he was born...he’s never impressed. It’s not terrible, some of it really catchy. 

bums me out The reputation they pull, especially lil Peep. Dude was incredibly talented and had the kind of charisma that could have seen him do some amazing things in music. It’s tragic his life is gone, and I hate the fact that people are quick to write it off and label him in ways that prove they don’t know shitabout him.

• 2 weeks later...