My All-Time Favorite Album

Speedo

It's taken me 33 years and countless directions with countleas bands and musical ventures but I can finally confirm my all-time favorite album is Riverdales' Phase 3.

At first listen it seems basic but I guarantee not even @Donald Trump's Bulge, in all his technical ability on guitar, could play this whole album front to back correctly. It's an album to make Johnny and Joey proud!

Here it is in all its glory:

What is your all-time favorite album (pick just one)?

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I've never been able to pin down an absolute favourite. it depends on so many different factors that any "this is the one!" I'd say would immediately make me reconsider it. I also struggle to think of albums where I genuinely love every song. 

3 hours ago, Ghost said:

I rememeber that album!!! will give it a spin again.

Mine is Pet Sounds by The Beach Boys, NQAT (although I expand that to the period in which they developed Today, Pet Sounds and SMiLE).

good choice - Pet Sounds is timeless and God Only Knows is probably my favourite song ever
I would definitely rank SMiLE and Pet Sounds in my top 10

Kid A by Radiohead is probably my favourite record though

1 hour ago, Rocky Braveheart said:

A Night At The Opera by Queen for me. 

It's great all right
I'm in Love With My Car unfortunately ruins its perfection status

Demon Days by Gorillaz. 

3 hours ago, Kay said:

I've never been able to pin down an absolute favourite. it depends on so many different factors that any "this is the one!" I'd say would immediately make me reconsider it. I also struggle to think of albums where I genuinely love every song. 

Damn, really? I can think of at least 15 or 20.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, Nasa said:

Demon Days by Gorillaz. 

Damn, really? I can think of at least 15 or 20.

I can think of a few where I at least 'like' every song but there's none where I'm like "every song is awesome" 

• Like 1

I have favorites in genres, I don't know about the ONE favorite of all time. 

Dude Ranch and Vulgar Display of Power would probably be my top two though.....or ....And Out Come the Wolves.

That would make me happy for a long time if I was on a deserted island.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I have favorites in genres, I don't know about the ONE favorite of all time. 

Dude Ranch and Vulgar Display of Power would probably be my top two though.....or ....And Out Come the Wolves.

That would make me happy for a long time if I was on a deserted island.

You know, you've never struck me as a Rancid fan, right on.

2 minutes ago, Speedo said:

You know, you've never struck me as a Rancid fan, right on.

oh man...top 5 or even top 3 favorite band for me.  I don't know if they've ever put out a bad album; some of the newer ones haven't grabbed my attention as much but to put out as much music as they have it's insane how good 90% of their catalog is.

I've been through so many shifts and trends when it comes to music from pop-punk to black metal and honestly, blink, Pantera and Rancid are the three that I have listened to and enjoyed throughout the entire progression lol. 

I don't seek new stuff out as much as I should and just find myself coming back to those bands in some variation.

i dont think i have a favorite record of all time that never changes. i've got about five go to records that are timeless for me though....right now my favorite record of

all time is : Everything Everything - A Fever Dream 

best lyricist of this generation IMO

I should say Milo Goes to College or Energy by Op. Ivy because they have always been my favourite albums growing up and still are but "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me" is the epitome of nuance, the more I dig into it, the better it becomes even after all these years (despite what JL did)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Elisa said:

I should say Milo Goes to College or Energy by Op. Ivy because they have always been my favourite albums growing up and still are but "The Devil and God are Raging Inside Me" is the epitome of nuance, the more I dig into it, the better it becomes even after all these years (despite what JL did)

That Operation Ivy album is a true 10/10 album. 

• Love 1