Houston Astros Cheating Scandal

Jan Backing Track

Cheating at sports is just so fucking dumb. 

I’ve been to a couple of baseball games in the states and enjoyed them but I could never sit there and watch it on tv. I think it’s the whole spectacle at the games that makes it fun and enjoyable. Same with nfl, I’ve watched a few games on tv but find it dull as fuck with all the stoppages but I assume at the games it’d be quite enjoyable with everything else going on.

• Like 2

I think all teams should be required to submit all their plays ahead of time to the other team. Then its just pure fucking skill and if they don't do what's on the sheet then someone gets shot ... could be a player, could be staff, could be another person on the other team or even an audience member ... its random.

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

Cheating at sports is just so fucking dumb. 

I’ve been to a couple of baseball games in the states and enjoyed them but I could never sit there and watch it on tv. I think it’s the whole spectacle at the games that makes it fun and enjoyable. Same with nfl, I’ve watched a few games on tv but find it dull as fuck with all the stoppages but I assume at the games it’d be quite enjoyable with everything else going on.

I know people that watch every single game of the season, I don't get it.

2 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

I know people that watch every single game of the season, I don't get it.

my grandmother used to watch Braves games every day, i think when you get to know the players and watch how they progress or falter is what is interesting. otherwise, i think TV used to be more boring and really thats why i used to watch them. now, nah

1 hour ago, Russel Coight said:

That’s nuts. Isn’t there like a game a night or something? Like you play the same team three nights in a row or is that just playoffs?

In baseball they play the same team 3 games in a row yes.  That's why it bores me so much, it's so job like.  NFL I don't care much for but at least it's only 15 games and all different teams makes it more exciting.  NBA milks it too with 7 game series for close to 2 months in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

In baseball they play the same team 3 games in a row yes.  That's why it bores me so much, it's so job like.  NFL I don't care much for but at least it's only 15 games and all different teams makes it more exciting.  NBA milks it too with 7 game series for close to 2 months in the playoffs.

How does that work like scoring wise when looking at the teams position ladder wise? Does best out of three get the ladder points or do each of the 3 games score ladder points?

Our main football(rugby league) 28 round competition with 13 teams. So each team plays each other twice and gets a bye round.

2 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

How does that work like scoring wise when looking at the teams position ladder wise? Does best out of three get the ladder points or do each of the 3 games score ladder points?

Our main football(rugby league) 28 round competition with 13 teams. So each team plays each other twice and gets a bye round.

No they literally just count as a tally towards their record and the best records of each division move on to the playoffs. Granted it is like a ladder since if it's in the same division you are gaining a win and giving a loss. It's still way too many games, in NBA basketball at least when it's all about athleticism and they have to hold that back throughout 82 games.

5 hours ago, Russel Coight said:

League is only 25 rounds now, and there are 16 teams....
Top 8 to the finals.

Interested to see how the commissioner's office handles this. All teams try to steal signs, but obviously using technology to instantly relay it to the batter totallllly crosses the line. It's interesting because in Game 7 of the World Series that year they absolutely stroked Yu Darvish as if they *knew what was coming* lol. I am a die hard baseball fan,  watch ~155 games a year.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ry-Bread said:

Interested to see how the commissioner's office handles this. All teams try to steal signs, but obviously using technology to instantly relay it to the batter totallllly crosses the line. It's interesting because in Game 7 of the World Series that year they absolutely stroked Yu Darvish as if they *knew what was coming* lol. I am a die hard baseball fan,  watch ~155 games a year.

How is it crossing the line more so than any other team stealing signs? 

• Crab 1

4 minutes ago, Speedo said:

How is it crossing the line more so than any other team stealing signs? 

The use of technology to steal and live stream them to a monitor near the dugout, and that employee instantly relaying it to someone from the tunnel is way overboard. Typically it's done on the field by players/coaches just picking up on it, or a pitcher tipping his pitches. And in that case, that's the pitcher/catcher's fault for being obvious. 

The interesting thing though, is that a lot of players actually don't even want to know what is coming. Because then you can get too reliant on it, or get caught way off guard if you are wrong. Many don't even want that in their head. At the end of the day though, you still have to hit the ball which is the hardest thing to do in professional sports IMHO. And even if the Astros were doing that this past postseason, they were AWFUL with runners in scoring position, and lost...so there's debate on how much it even helps.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

The use of technology to steal and live stream them to a monitor near the dugout, and that employee instantly relaying it to someone from the tunnel is way overboard. Typically it's done on the field by players/coaches just picking up on it, or a pitcher tipping his pitches. And in that case, that's the pitcher/catcher's fault for being obvious. 

The interesting thing though, is that a lot of players actually don't even want to know what is coming. Because then you can get too reliant on it, or get caught way off guard if you are wrong. Many don't even want that in their head. At the end of the day though, you still have to hit the ball which is the hardest thing to do in professional sports IMHO. And even if the Astros were doing that this past postseason, they were AWFUL with runners in scoring position, and lost...so there's debate on how much it even helps.

baseball has all of these "unwritten rules" and ethics that just make me laugh.  So one way of stealing signs is A-ok but the other crosses a line. 

Baseball takes itself way too seriously sometimes.