Houston Astros Cheating Scandal

Jan Backing Track

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

baseball has all of these "unwritten rules" and ethics that just make me laugh.  So one way of stealing signs is A-ok but the other crosses a line. 

Baseball takes itself way too seriously sometimes.

This is basically my point ... JarJar just managed to say it without sounding like mental case.

It'd be like playing poker but knowing everyone's cards ahead of time, you can't be this dense Speedo.  There's a difference in a baserunner stealing signs from second base and using electronic devices to know every pitch being thrown at you.  The whole team was doing it, from management down to the last hitter, and they went on to win a WS and championship games. That's messed.

5 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

baseball has all of these "unwritten rules" and ethics that just make me laugh.  So one way of stealing signs is A-ok but the other crosses a line. 

Baseball takes itself way too seriously sometimes.

This is such an idiotic statement dude. Do you not see the difference in a baserunner (who has to get there in the first place) stealing signs, pitcher and catcher knowing this, vs a CAMERA placed in center field to steal every pitch being given?

Whoever knew should have kept it secret though and used it against them when they played (pitch differently to their normal signs)

Yeah baseball def has tons of unwritten rules, but using external technology/employees def crosses the line. There probably isn't a specific rule that states "You can't use a camera to steal signs and pass it along to a random nerd in the dugout tunnel, who will then relay it to someone in the tunnel, who will then smash a trash can on the dugout when a changeup is coming." so the Astros may weasel out of this with a slap on the wrist, but it is def going way overboard.

That's why I'm mostly just interested to see how the commissioner handles it. Will it be a hefty fine? GM/Manager suspensions? Strip their title? Will be interesting as I think he needs to come down hard on this type of behavior. I'd probably suspend the GM/Manager and take away draft picks.

2 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

This is such an idiotic statement dude. Do you not see the difference in a baserunner (who has to get there in the first place) stealing signs, pitcher and catcher knowing this, vs a CAMERA placed in center field to steal every pitch being given?

Whoever knew should have kept it secret though and used it against them when they played (pitch differently to their normal signs)

I see the difference but I welcome anything to make the game interesting.  Bring back the fucking roids.  Bring on the spying.

*batter steps up* *pitcher stands for 3 minutes* *pitcher throws to first*  *batter steps out of batter's box and adjusts his gloves* *heres the pitch, ball*  *batter steps out of the box, adjusts gloves AGAIN*  *pitcher stares at catcher's nuts for another 40 seconds*  *batter doesn't like it, steps out of the box, adjusts gloves FOR A THIRD FUCKING TIME* *here's the pitch, BALL*  *batter steps out*  *pitcher throws to first* *batter steps out(FIFTH TIME)* *Pitcher stares more at nuts* *oh boy here's the pitch!, pop-fly wow*------NOW WE GET TO DO THAT TWO MORE TIMES YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

• Like 2
  • Crab 1

44 minutes ago, Ry-Bread said:

Yeah baseball def has tons of unwritten rules, but using external technology/employees def crosses the line. There probably isn't a specific rule that states "You can't use a camera to steal signs and pass it along to a random nerd in the dugout tunnel, who will then relay it to someone in the tunnel, who will then smash a trash can on the dugout when a changeup is coming." so the Astros may weasel out of this with a slap on the wrist, but it is def going way overboard.

That's why I'm mostly just interested to see how the commissioner handles it. Will it be a hefty fine? GM/Manager suspensions? Strip their title? Will be interesting as I think he needs to come down hard on this type of behavior. I'd probably suspend the GM/Manager and take away draft picks.

I believe there is rules that using electronic devices is a major violation.  The rumors are that after the trash can/whistle stuff (that's all caught on camera) they upgraded to electronic bracelets that buzzed the pitch, according to the whistleblower dude.

What's really interesting is at how dumb and obvious it looks on video now, but how much you don't notice it in real time because of all the sounds going on.

38 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

I see the difference but I welcome anything to make the game interesting.  Bring back the fucking roids.  Bring on the spying.

*batter steps up* *pitcher stands for 3 minutes* *pitcher throws to first*  *batter steps out of batter's box and adjusts his gloves* *heres the pitch, ball*  *batter steps out of the box, adjusts gloves AGAIN*  *pitcher stares at catcher's nuts for another 40 seconds*  *batter doesn't like it, steps out of the box, adjusts gloves FOR A THIRD FUCKING TIME* *here's the pitch, BALL*  *batter steps out*  *pitcher throws to first* *batter steps out(FIFTH TIME)* *Pitcher stares more at nuts* *oh boy here's the pitch!, pop-fly wow*------NOW WE GET TO DO THAT TWO MORE TIMES YAYYYYYYYY!!!!!

That isn't interesting though.  Knowing every pitch ahead of time is the opposite of that since half the game is pitching..and half of pitching is deception.

Like Roids or Deflategate don't bother me as much as this.  Those were single players trying to gain some advantage, not an entire organization