blink-182/Chainsmokers "PS, I Hope You're Happy"

Ghent

When I saw this on their Instagram I thought Mark and Travis just joined on stage to perform that song where they mention Blink. I didn't realize it was a different (new) song until now. Oops. 

Definitely not my thing - but I do like Mark's voice (could have done without Travis, though). 

• Like 1

I dont care if matt is there or not, i just find it funny that mark was so butthurt over bandmembers collaborating without him , and now this is the second collab without matt.

I'm sure matt is okay with it and said so to the guys, but its still very hypocritical. Mark should know best how shitty that can feel if you're left out.

Song is allright tough. Not my cuppa tea, but could do great on the radio

• Wow 1

4 minutes ago, Neal said:

I dont care if matt is there or not, i just find it funny that mark was so butthurt over bandmembers collaborating without him , and now this is the second collab without matt.

I'm sure matt is okay with it and said so to the guys, but its still very hypocritical. Mark should know best how shitty that can feel if you're left out.

Song is allright tough. Not my cuppa tea, but could do great on the radio

Could you imagine if Tom and Travis were invited to collab with a famous pop band and not him back in the day?

He'd have started a receding mohawk much earlier on.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well just Mark and Travis isn't blink 182 either, neither is Mark Travis Matt which is just an awkward blink lite cash crab, so both combinations are strange.  They should just do ft. Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker like normal.

I remember when artists would be featured all the time they would just list the single artist, not the full band, and it'd still sell.  Tom probably gets paid for these which is funny.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

Well just Mark and Travis isn't blink 182 either, neither is Mark Travis Matt which is just an awkward blink lite cash crab, so both combinations are strange.  They should just do ft. Mark Hoppus and Travis Barker like normal.

I remember when artists would be featured all the time they would just list the single artist, not the full band, and it'd still sell.  Tom probably gets paid for these which is funny.

It makes sense for both bands.  More "normal" people know who blink-182 is compared to a rando guy named Mark Hoppus.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

It makes sense for both bands.  More "normal" people know who blink-182 is compared to a rando guy named Mark Hoppus.

I don't care, what happened to artist integrity?  And I'd argue it would not make a big difference, Chainsmokers don't need blink to sell a song.

Also it's kind of weird to overshadow your album like that? Amy Shark did fine just Mark Hoppus.

9 minutes ago, FighterOfGravity said:

I don't care, what happened to artist integrity?  And I'd argue it would not make a big difference, Chainsmokers don't need blink to sell a song.

Also it's kind of weird to overshadow your album like that? Amy Shark did fine just Mark Hoppus.

lolwut

• Haha 1

Reminds me of that one Owl City song that was so big a few years back.  The one that went, "I'd like to make myself believe..."

Not really my cup of tea, but it's a collab, can't really hate on it, and it's cool to see more and more current artists interested in working with blink.

7 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

I’ll copy my bitching from the other thread:

-Regardless of song quality, so disrespectful not to include Matt IMHO.

-Mark’s verse sounds like I Miss You

Not the first time they excluded Matt. Grace Goody anyone? lol