“Not Another Christmas Song” Out 12/6!

Ghent

8 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

The riff sounds like something I would of written when I was 13 and could barely tune a guitar. 

I'll give the full song a chance though. 

Um weren’t most of the blink riffs we all fell in love with like that? Everybody’s been bitching we haven’t got any riffs, now we do, and you don’t like it because it isn’t Complex like a Joe Satriani riff or something smh 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Um weren’t most of the blink riffs we all fell in love with like that? Everybody’s been bitching we haven’t got any riffs, now we do, and you don’t like it because it isn’t Complex like a Joe Satriani riff or something smh 

No-one is expecting Joe Satriani riffs.

Listen to old classic blink riffs and then listen back to this, completely different level.

• Like 4
  • Crab 1

Just now, ...Dan... said:

No-one is expecting Joe Satriani riffs.

Listen to old classic blink riffs and then listen back to this, completely different level.

Not really a different level. Can’t tell me any blink riffs have ever been complex. Do you even play guitar?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Champ182 said:

Diddy this riff sounds like the type of "Blink riff" I would've written when I was trying to rip Tom off in 8th grade. Still a decent song though

I totally agree with that. I just don’t get all the bitching that goes on here and what people would need to hear to be satisfied. Given the lack of riffs we’ve received in the Skiba era, you’d think this should at least appease most people. But it seems some people always are looking for something to bitch about. Well never get another dude ranch, enema, TOYPAJ, or untitled. And the person that created most of those riffs isn’t even In the band anymore. To me, the new riff sounds very blink-Esque so I’m happy to leave it at that 

10 minutes ago, Diddy Faplord said:

I totally agree with that. I just don’t get all the bitching that goes on here and what people would need to hear to be satisfied. Given the lack of riffs we’ve received in the Skiba era, you’d think this should at least appease most people. But it seems some people always are looking for something to bitch about. Well never get another dude ranch, enema, TOYPAJ, or untitled. And the person that created most of those riffs isn’t even In the band anymore. To me, the new riff sounds very blink-Esque so I’m happy to leave it at that 

I'll take a riff that isn't just switching the route note and keeping the high note the same whilst following the same chord progression over and over and over again, that's not a riff, at this point that's repeating your ABCs. 

2 minutes ago, Kay said:

I'll take a riff that isn't just switching the route note and keeping the high note the same whilst following the same chord progression over and over and over again, that's not a riff, at this point that's repeating your ABCs. 

I hear you. But that has always been blink’s bread and butter. Tom has talked about this specifically many times. The riff in damnit is literally no different