“Not Another Christmas Song” Out 12/6!

Ghent

15 hours ago, Diddy Faplord said:

Not really a different level. Can’t tell me any blink riffs have ever been complex. Do you even play guitar?

Yes I do play guitar.

Come on, listen to it then compare it to some of the top tier (and even mid tier) blink-182 riffs, it's just bland as fuck. 

It just sounds like a beginners first ever pop punk riff, a riff can be simple and great but sad this isn't one of those.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chewy030 said:

Man some of you guys give way to many fucks about this song writers shit. 

It’s just sad that blink can’t write their own sub par songs. I mean Jesus Christ, I’m just glad toms still out there being a stud writing his own music (which is actually good) FFS. 

• Crab 1

Just now, Smalls said:

you know the fucked up thing is I halfway enjoyed this little tune until I found out that THREE professional musicians can’t string a very simple song together. Gotta contact that shit out son!

So how do you think this song was written?  Do you really think these song-writers just gave Mark the song, gave Matt his parts and said "here ya go!"

OR......maybe they sat in a studio and jammed together a song and the shittily paid studio guys need to get a cut somehow...so they get credits?  This isn't hard.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, JarJarBlinks said:

So how do you think this song was written?  Do you really think these song-writers just gave Mark the song, gave Matt his parts and said "here ya go!"

OR......maybe they sat in a studio and jammed together a song and the shittily paid studio guys need to get a cut somehow...so they get credits?  This isn't hard.

it doesn’t matter. This era of blink is a fucking joke,

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Ry-Bread said:

So I had a long conversation with a singer/songwriter who is in the Hall of Fame last night about "producing/credits/co-writing/etc." which I thought was pretty interesting...

He said the industry has definitely changed a ton recently in regards to how people want writing credits in order to get their "cut". I asked what would be needed to get "writing credits" and he said for most it is "Would the song have gotten to exactly where it is, without you in the room? If not, you get credit." He said many producers/songwriters have deals where they require 80% of the songwriting credits on your album in order to work with you. (Can't remember why exactly 80% but there is some sort of significance in royalties if you hit that mark on an album). He said you could simply change/recommend 1 word change, 1 slight tweak of a note/progression, and be credited as a co-writer. This is how they make their living.

Just thought it was interesting, as most have figured, no doubt Jerry Finn would've had co-writing credits in today's world.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Crab 1