“Not Another Christmas Song” Out 12/6!

Ghent

7 minutes ago, Smalls said:

We don’t get a look inside because they are embarrassed about how they write and record music these days. Except for Tom, Tom still writes his own shit and doesn’t give a fuck what we think anyways. That’s why we got the DW recording sessions.

The Rubin Bros write Tom's songs.

Just now, JarJarBlinks said:

The Rubin Bros write Tom's songs.

Lol, nice try. I’ve seen you spout this shit before. Go watch the dream walker sessions or listen to one of Aaron’s interviews. They may help Tom with the songs, but it’s definitely toms show. To believe otherwise is sheer stupidity. The sad thing about this whole shit pot really is that I want to like new blink so bad but in reality they suck donkey dick.

• Haha 1
  • Crab 1

5 minutes ago, Ghent said:

Only in your head. Kind of like how everyone pretends like Hey I'm Sorry is somehow better because it was written pre-Feldy.

On Some Emo Shit is a good song though.

Out of My Head didn't have anyone else credited either, and it's no On Some Emo Shit. Feldmann got credits for His. Still a pretty good song. 

1 minute ago, Smalls said:

Lol, nice try. I’ve seen you spout this shit before. Go watch the dream walker sessions or listen to one of Aaron’s interviews. They may help Tom with the songs, but it’s definitely toms show. To believe otherwise is sheer stupidity. The sad thing about this whole shit pot really is that I want to like new blink so bad but in reality they suck donkey dick.

We must have been watching two different documentaries because Illan clearly wrote huge chunks of DW and Tom came in and yodeled over his music.

• Like 1

I'm kind of over the songwriter thing, yeah it's lame that they use so many but it isn't a dealbreaker for me. 

The song is just so lackluster and the fact they had so much input and that was the best they could come up with is the shocking part.

Come on guys, really listen to that main guitar part - it sounds like a kid who can only play downstrokes writing a riff for his shitty puberty garage band.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ...Dan... said:

I'm kind of over the songwriter thing, yeah it's lame that they use so many but it isn't a dealbreaker for me. 

The song is just so lackluster and the fact they had so much input and that was the best they could come up with is the shocking part.

Come on guys, really listen to that main guitar part - it sounds like a kid who can only play downstrokes writing a riff for his shitty puberty garage band.

The riff kinda sucks but the rest of the song is pretty catchy

Also the music video is cool, I enjoyed it

Edited by TJ182

The song's okay, nothing amazing. Fun video. My main two issues are- more slow verses. You could swap the verses of so many of Blink's recent songs (including California) and the songs would still work/sound the same. They just focus so much more on choruses these days. Also, why one one music video for Nine but the random Christmas song gets one? Would much rather be getting videos for the new album.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thongrider said:

If anything people care too little. Screw this!!!!!! 

Want some cheese with that whine? Would you have thrown a fit if Jerry Finn got writing credits for their work back in the day? Which i'm sure in this day and age he would have.