“Not Another Christmas Song” Out 12/6!

Ghent

6 hours ago, ...Dan... said:

Yes I do play guitar.

Come on, listen to it then compare it to some of the top tier (and even mid tier) blink-182 riffs, it's just bland as fuck. 

It just sounds like a beginners first ever pop punk riff, a riff can be simple and great but sad this isn't one of those.

I’m sorry to break it to you, but this riff is EXACTLY like dammit. To a T. I don’t know what else kind of riffs you’re expecting from blink-182

1 minute ago, thongrider said:

It's just not as good. 

I understand but people are talking about the technicality, which is what I was referring to. If you listen to damnit and this riff, the way the root note stays and the other notes dance around it, it literally is damnit. It’s hard to explain through text exactly what I mean, but you understand what I’m talking about, right?

Just now, Diddy Faplord said:

I understand but people are talking about the technicality, which is what I was referring to. If you listen to damnit and this riff, the way the root note stays and the other notes dance around it, it literally is damnit. It’s hard to explain through text exactly what I mean, but you understand what I’m talking about, right?

Yeah. I don't even think it's terrible, it's just not very good. Dammit is quite iconic regardless of the technicality. 

Someone said this song reminds them of Cheshire Cat. How so?

It's kinda eh for me. I don't hate it but I don't love it. I do really hate the drums in the verses (I've been hating Travis's drums a lot lately...hated a lot of them on Nine) and the intro guitar riff is kinda lame/lazy. The guitar sound is pretty drowned out/low. Maybe it'll grow on me, probably not. It's definitely no "I Won't Be Home For Christmas".

• Like 1