IT'S ALL FADING TO BLACK (XXXTENTACION collab)

boxelder

34 minutes ago, Ari said:

I don't see a single reason to debate, or argue or goad someone who's opinion is: this was wrong. The guy stabbed many, literally  heartbreakingly tortured his partner,  the list goes on and on.  I see a lot of the justification from his die-hard fans ignoring the situations themselves in favor of "He sounds/looks so sad i hate it so much".  It's simply no excuse.  To me, at least.

Alive or not, I don't like that they did this, and I'm grateful I feel the way I do.  Abuse is abuse is abuse, and I couldn't ever agree nor deny that I'm perhaps biased based on a situation of constant emotional abuse that I faced. It wasn't physical, but it was brutal- And I felt trapped, in a prison. And when I hear him address his actions, when I hear him speak with her- I hear the person who hurt me.  It's eerily parallel. 

I think, I struggle with a lot of factors in regards to this. One of the biggest being, as others have pointed out Mark has seemed to really speak out against many things and situations that contradict agreeing to something like this. Travis does a million and one collaborative things with artists outside of Blink, I can't for the life of me understand why they tag teamed for this. 

Just affects me, I guess. Hurts my head.

I won't say fuck you to a single friend who shrugs this off, or appreciates and likes the song and isn't afraid to say it. It's catchy all the way through, to me. I love the mumbling. I wish Mark wrote songs like this more often. In fact, it was the first song I've heard him part of him in years that REALLY surprised me. 

But it hurts to listen to, and that outweighs all of those points as far as what I personally am capable of embracing, and taking in.

Call it a weakness, it may very well be one. I've had a long few months.  Things are a little ugly in my world, and if you know me well enough, you know that during these times things get to me far more than most might imagine they should get to anyone. And that's fair, but it's just who I am and I'm doing my best to embrace it. To like it. 

All you had to say was he stabbed a single person and could stop there

1 hour ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

I still like it O0

Don't listen to it much anymore though. But I've never liked bands that were 100% screaming. I like it combined with actual singing.

I've never liked screaming, but I love yelling! Sometimes I feel bands yell on records and scream live so that's a bit annoying. 

The fact that he tragically passed away means NOTHING. Hitler passed, should Mark collab with him?

The point is, you would assume Mark (given his stances on Twitter) should and would not want to associate with someone with these allegations. Doesn’t matter if you respect him as an artist, or try to separate the two...We as a society are beginning to oust these artists and punish them by avoiding their art. In what world would you want your name/band associated with someone who STABBED PEOPLE and BEAT WOMEN?! 

Also, it’s interesting that only Trav has promoted this. (Mark/Skiba/Blink social media have not)

• Like 5

56 minutes ago, Cheerios4u98 said:

Would addressing it make it better? I feel like the only way for blink to look good in this situation would be to not have done it in the first place.

The only way to make it work from a PR perspective would be to make a statement saying you believe in giving people second chances and that he was on the right path bla Bla Bla...

Blink IG put it in their story, but I’d be shocked if they make an actual post about it. And if they do, comments will end up turned off - mark my words.

A very cynical part of me wonders if Mark agreed to this purely to be part of some contriversy so that the band had some extra media attention. Any publicity is good publicity kinda mindset - however the fact they've barely shared it suggests otherwise, but I can't think of any other logical reason unless Mark literally knew nothing about the dude. 

• Like 1

The producer of this song was on the blink reddit and said a couple of things about it.

"I played all the guitar on this one. X wrote his part over a simpler version of the instrumental I played him back in early 2018. He had mentioned getting blink involved so we sent them the song and from what I’ve been told mark wrote his part by himself. I love what he did I cried when I first heard it in a finished form because I know X would’ve loved it."

"No Matt" - someone asked him if Matt was involved at all in this.

Anyway, it is lame to agree to do a collaboration but then when it comes out you pretend it didn't happen on your social media because you know a lot of people won't be okay with it. 

• Like 1

This is just like Chris Benoit in wrestling. Dude murdered his family and killed himself. Some people can seperate the acts, and the wrestling itself and still watch and enjoy his matches, some can’t. Neither side is wrong.

the only thing that is wrong in this is if a person doesn’t acknowledge that X is a complete utter piece of shit.

also, LOL at people saying Mark needs to say something for PR. The public doesn’t give a fuck. No ones talking about it. Just a couple people here and on reddit I’d bet.

blink doesn’t have that kind of importance anymore or relevance to have to put a statement out on this. Listen, or don’t.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Kay said:

A very cynical part of me wonders if Mark agreed to this purely to be part of some contriversy so that the band had some extra media attention. 

Surely not, the Chainsmokers collab would get them way more publicity right? And like you said they aren’t really promoting it. I would lean more towards his “blending of the genres” stuff he keeps preaching which he thinks is so cool recently.

31 minutes ago, Njdevils26 said:

blink doesn’t have that kind of importance anymore or relevance to have to put a statement out on this. Listen, or don’t.

Has nothing to do with that, no one is expecting front page CNN or a massive protest. It’s just something you would hope Mark would want to clear up to his own fan base - whether that’s 5 people or 5 million. (Again, given his loud stances on social media against this very type of thing.)