IT'S ALL FADING TO BLACK (XXXTENTACION collab)

boxelder

Now he's dead and he's paid the ultimate price for his actions. I can only wonder what some righteous guidance could have done for him when he was younger. An armed robbery when he was 16ish shows that his childhood was all sorts of messed up.
He was definitely a product of the environment he grew up in, and could have redeemed himself but, in the meantime, the amount of kids who look up to and idolise people like XXXTentacion is majorly depressing. They need better role models.
And other artists that choose to be very vocal about social issues, shouldn't associate with them. There are better people to make a song with.

The listeners can do all they want and listen to anything they like. Art is a gift because of how it speaks to you, no matter how shitty the person who created it was. But if you're in the music industry, while you can't go back in time to stop Mick Jagger when he was abusing his power by having sex with minors, you can choose to take a stand now if some other current artists are problematic. XXXTentacion kind of falls into the 'current artists' category because they're releasing these posthumous albums now. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Count me as someone that can separate the art and the person. One of my favourite ever albums is Brand New's Science Fiction. I wasn't in love with that album yet despite hearing all the shit that the singer apparently did a few years ago. Yeah, I didn't agree with anything he did whatsoever. But he still makes damn good music that I can listen to. I despise violence on women, but that still doesn't stop me loving Mel Gibson movies like Mad Max or the ones he's directed like Hacksaw Ridge (which was released after his incidents). Tupac spent time in prison for sexual assault but I'll still listen to his music. Michael Jackson was accused of disgusting stuff but his song Just Beat It will always be one of my favourites (and I fell in love with that song way after his death).

Shitty people can make amazing art. And I'm gonna continue to listen to that art. I'd have actually loved to write an album with Charles Manson involved, just for artistic reasons. Just cause I'll listen to their art it doesn't mean I'm supporting everything they do. I just like art. Doesn't matter who it's from.

57 minutes ago, Nosferatu said:

Count me as someone that can separate the art and the person. One of my favourite ever albums is Brand New's Science Fiction. I wasn't in love with that album yet despite hearing all the shit that the singer apparently did a few years ago. Yeah, I didn't agree with anything he did whatsoever. But he still makes damn good music that I can listen to. I despise violence on women, but that still doesn't stop me loving Mel Gibson movies like Mad Max or the ones he's directed like Hacksaw Ridge (which was released after his incidents). Tupac spent time in prison for sexual assault but I'll still listen to his music. Michael Jackson was accused of disgusting stuff but his song Just Beat It will always be one of my favourites (and I fell in love with that song way after his death).

Shitty people can make amazing art. And I'm gonna continue to listen to that art. I'd have actually loved to write an album with Charles Manson involved, just for artistic reasons. Just cause I'll listen to their art it doesn't mean I'm supporting everything they do. I just like art. Doesn't matter who it's from.

Not the topic at hand.

The real issue at hand, is the fact that celebrities rarely hold each other accountable for their actions because part of being a celebrity is marrying in to the group think circle jerk. Most celebrities are willing to set aside their ideological / religious / moral beliefs when it comes to earning more money. That's just the way it works.

• Like 1

Just now, skarz said:

The real issue at hand, is the fact that celebrities rarely hold each other accountable for their actions because part of being a celebrity is marrying in to the group think circle jerk. Most celebrities are willing to set aside their ideological / religious / moral beliefs when it comes to earning more money. That's just the way it works.

Yet you are a Trump supporter...🤔

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

Yet you are a Trump supporter...🤔

Completely irrelevant and off topic, but it's interesting that you label me as a "Trump supporter" when I suggested that all politicians who commit treason should be hanged, despite none of my posts showing any explicit support for Trump. I support politicians (both left and right) when they do good things and I have no problem holding them accountable when they do bad things. Honestly if Trump isn't up for reelection in 2020 I'd probably vote for Tulsi Gabbard or Rand Paul.

46 minutes ago, skarz said:

Completely irrelevant and off topic, but it's interesting that you label me as a "Trump supporter" when I suggested that all politicians who commit treason should be hanged, despite none of my posts showing any explicit support for Trump. I support politicians (both left and right) when they do good things and I have no problem holding them accountable when they do bad things. Honestly if Trump isn't up for reelection in 2020 I'd probably vote for Tulsi Gabbard or Rand Paul.

Ignore Ghent, he was a die hard Trump supporter until it became cool to think otherwise.

You can find posts of his saying that Trump was an amazing businessman. 2 Years later he said the exact opposite. What changed? Nothing. Except that the left wing media told Ghent how to think.

• Love 1

49 minutes ago, skarz said:

I just figured most people who think Hillary Clinton should be hanged might lean Trump!

12 hours ago, Speedo said:

Prosecutors dropped the case against Spacey, the accuser was basically a fuckwad... 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/kevin-spacey-criminal-sexual-assault-case-charges-dropped-in-nantucket-criminal-trial-today-2019-07-17/

Well I maybe don't know everything about this but didn't Spacey have multiple accusations? He definitely apologized for his behavior even though he couldn't remember coming onto his underaged costar. Plus his weird videos he posted...

Either way, why are people commending Mark for not promoting the song? His voice is fucking in the song! He could've prevented the release and he didn't. He's profiting off it. Goddamn.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vic vinegar said:

Well I maybe don't know everything about this but didn't Spacey have multiple accusations? He definitely apologized for his behavior even though he couldn't remember coming onto his underaged costar. Plus his weird videos he posted...

Either way, why are people commending Mark for not promoting the song? His voice is fucking in the song! He could've prevented the release and he didn't. He's profiting off it. Goddamn.

The first accusation was a load of shit. The second saw the accuser pass away. Guilty or not, I won't condemn someone without a trial. Spacey has been more than willing to go to court, he hasn't fled or tried to dismiss anything. 

I have no problem with Mark and Travis being on this song. It's a song, it's either subjectively good or bad. Personally I don't care much for it but that doesn't mean no one else should enjoy it. The main artists is dead and gone without trial and without conviction, whether he was guilty or not is none of my business or say so.