blink-182 Song Election - Untitled/Self-titled

yodda

a really tough choice, but i'm going to go with here's your letter. it's a great song, but easy target is more of a standout to me... the drums sound wild, the riff is cool, the lyrics are interesting, and it ends with that super rad guitar fade into all of this.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I feel so weird when songs I'm no fond of is so loved by the majority. What is it about Here's Your Letter that you like so much? Just curious, as it seems like I'm missing out on something!

And just to be clear: I really don't think it's a bad song, it just doesn't stand out to me in any special way.

I'm still not sure but I'm voting for I Miss You because I don't want to lose Here's Your Letter

edit: no, wait, Easy Target is the most voted song now!? I love Easy Target, we definitely can't lose that song haha I hate this game now! 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

here's your letter is a great song that i used to love back in the day, but it's very bland in comparison to the rest. the song would be super lame without all the bells and whistles added by production.... it's the last great mark blink song, but if we kick here's your letter out, this record would be flawless.

anywhooo... if not now doesn't win this thing, the whole thread makes no sense to me. best blink song of all time, and it's not even close

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Madele said:

What is it about Here's Your Letter that you like so much?

I've always been fond of the lyrics and overall sound. It's also a little nostalgic for me. 

11 minutes ago, Neal said:

anywhooo... if not now doesn't win this thing, the whole thread makes no sense to me. best blink song of all time, and it's not even close

Yes. Although Stockholm Syndrome is also one of the best blink songs ever and I'm not sure what I'll do if they compete against each other in the end. 

• Like 1

i suggest everyone on here defending "here's your letter " listens through the whole album and i think then we can all agree that it feels out of place and vote it out. it lasting longer than all of this is ridiculous. it adds absolutely nothing to the record. just a short call-in from mark : "hey i'm in this band too"..... still all the best parts come from the other two guys.  great song though, but IMO not on par in the slightest with the other contestants

• Like 3
  • Crab 5

20 minutes ago, Neal said:

i suggest everyone on here defending "here's your letter " listens through the whole album and i think then we can all agree that it feels out of place and vote it out. it lasting longer than all of this is ridiculous. it adds absolutely nothing to the record. just a short call-in from mark : "hey i'm in this band too"..... still all the best parts come from the other two guys.  great song though, but IMO not on par in the slightest with the other contestants

Agreed. Also with Easy Target or I Miss You, I feel like they belong on this album and nowhere else. Here's Your Letter on the other hand wouldn't sound out of place on the +44 album or even Neighborhoods. It just has less personality and doesn't contribute much to the unique sound of the self-titled album.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Crab 1

2 hours ago, Madele said:

I feel so weird when songs I'm no fond of is so loved by the majority. What is it about Here's Your Letter that you like so much? Just curious, as it seems like I'm missing out on something!

And just to be clear: I really don't think it's a bad song, it just doesn't stand out to me in any special way.

It's like the perfect Mark song? It's so damn catchy, I consider it possibly Mark's best verses with Blink and is his moment on self titled.  I honestly don't get how it's not a fan favorite here.

2 hours ago, Elisa said:

edit: no, wait, Easy Target is the most voted song now!? I love Easy Target, we definitely can't lose that song haha I hate this game now! 

Cannot lose Easy Target, such an underated song that's aged gracefully.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Neal said:

i suggest everyone on here defending "here's your letter " listens through the whole album 

So I did and I'm standing by Here's Your Letter. I agree that it's probably some of Mark's best verses. It's catchy, melodic, great lyrics, everything I want a Mark song to be. I even like it's placement in the album. It's great. Not my all time favourite song but should definitely stay in this competition longer, there are weaker songs to get rid of.

• Like 2

Here's Your Letter is so fucking good. It's arguably my favourite song on the album. But it changes with Violence & Feeling This for me. That little riff in the chorus sounds great. And Mark's vocals in the bridge sounds so fucking good too. "Do you still feel the same way? DO YOU STILL FEEL THE SAME WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY?!"

Great song. Top tier blink song for me which is why I'll never vote against it.

• Like 4