blink-182 Song Election - Untitled/Self-titled

yodda

oof. always is my favorite blink song of all time — but i know inside it’s not their best. it’s mainly a retread that takes the band nowhere new, besides emulating 80s production. i don’t LOVE violence, but i’ve always admired its off-kilter qualities: the riff that verges on sounding a little dissonant, the spoken word verses, etc etc. it’s a cool tune.

anyway, my vote is always, sadly

3 minutes ago, boxelder said:

oof. always is my favorite blink song of all time — but i know inside it’s not their best. it’s mainly a retread that takes the band nowhere new, besides emulating 80s production. i don’t LOVE violence, but i’ve always admired its off-kilter qualities: the riff that verges on sounding a little dissonant, the spoken word verses, etc etc. it’s a cool tune.

anyway, my vote is always, sadly

I think Violence is a great song but it's been on their setlist for ten years now and it's a bit overplayed. You just convinced me to save Violence though.

Always 

I'm really glad others are voting Violence because, while I do like it, I never fully got why people loved it quite as much as they did, I never saw it as the strongest on the record so it's nice to know others agree. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Kay said:

I'm really glad others are voting Violence because, while I do like it, I never fully got why people loved it quite as much as they did, I never saw it as the strongest on the record so it's nice to know others agree. 

Yeah I never understood why it’s been a staple in their set for years. 

Violence is left to slowly drown in 8th place

Here are the remaining songs off Self-titled:

Feeling This
Obvious
I Miss You
Stockholm Syndrome
Asthenia
Always
Not Now

Not happy about Always getting all these votes - also like a top 3 song here for me

can't choose between I Miss You and Obvious