blink-182 Song Election - Untitled/Self-titled

yodda

5 minutes ago, Neal said:

if i were you i'd refrain on voting untill the last second, and then miss voting because you're to stupid to understand timezones or daylight savings.... keep your whacky character going!

Ha. Ha!  I'm good with timezones daylights savings time is a bitch though and makes no sense.

On the real though, Not Now is a great blink song, the chorus is near perfect, I don't have a problem with the acoustic finish. I Miss you if anything is more unfinished with its repetition but it's such a unique song, for anybody, it deserves it's praise.  My only nitpick with Not Now is that it's too 'power chordy' where as it doesn't seem as authentic as the rest of Untitled but it's execution makes it a top blink song forsure.  I was hoping it'd be between Here's Your Letter, Asthenia, and Not Now or Feeling This.

1 minute ago, NJanSaid said:

Ha. Ha!  I'm good with timezones daylights savings time is a bitch though and makes no sense.

Seriously though, Not Now is a great blink song, the chorus is near perfect, I don't have a problem with the acoustic finish. I Miss you if anything is more unfinished with it's repetition but it's such a unique song, for anybody, it deserves it's praise.  My only nitpick with Not Now is that it's too 'power chordy' where as it doesn't seem as authentic as the rest of Untitled but it's execution makes it a top blink song forsure.  I was hoping it'd be between Here's Your Letter, Asthenia, and Not Now or Feeling This.

I absolutely understand your position. and i can't really out in words why i love not now so much, but whenever i want to show someone what blink is to me, i play them that song....

it just has a very dear spot in my heart. 

Funny to see that there are only tom songs left in the poll though, i bet ghent is kicking walls right now

• Like 1

7 hours ago, NJanSaid said:

On the real though, Not Now is a great blink song, the chorus is near perfect, I don't have a problem with the acoustic finish. I Miss you if anything is more unfinished with its repetition but it's such a unique song, for anybody, it deserves it's praise.  My only nitpick with Not Now is that it's too 'power chordy' where as it doesn't seem as authentic as the rest of Untitled but it's execution makes it a top blink song forsure.  I was hoping it'd be between Here's Your Letter, Asthenia, and Not Now or Feeling This.

Not Now is more octave chords than normal power chords (like Feeling This or Down) Stockholm Syndrome is basically all power chords apart from the laziest riff ever written. I am confused by your comment. 

1 hour ago, Kay said:

Not Now is more octave chords than normal power chords (like Feeling This or Down) Stockholm Syndrome is basically all power chords apart from the laziest riff ever written. I am confused by your comment. 

Kay I hope you're drunk, Stockholm Syndrome is one of the best progressions of their entire discography, I love that guitar part to death.  From the intro and breakdown.. it's authentic as hell for blink.

I forgot about Not Nows intro tbh but the main heavy part isn't all that authentic sounding, again just a nitpick I like Not Now including the light guitar parts to it.

#authentic

5 hours ago, NJanSaid said:

Kay I hope you're drunk, Stockholm Syndrome is one of the best progressions of their entire discography, I love that guitar part to death.  From the intro and breakdown.. it's authentic as hell for blink.

I forgot about Not Nows intro tbh but the main heavy part isn't all that authentic sounding, again just a nitpick I like Not Now including the light guitar parts to it.

#authentic

I don't remotely see how Not Now doesn't sound "authentic" and your complaint was power chords, which didn't make any sense.