VIP/Meet&Greet

Iblinkfor182Always

Welcome to the forums!!! I’ve done 3 I think, two were quick photo ops so those go fast...I enjoy the soundcheck part more. One I went all out with the ETGBF package on the Cali tour where you basically got to kick it with them for ~30 min. It was amazing and worth every penny IMHO.

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I’ve only done the photo op, but even that was worth it IMO. Still get a bit of an interaction and puts a whole different spin on the show. Really loved the soundcheck too. I think they do a great job with their VIP experiences. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghent said:

I’ve only done the photo op, but even that was worth it IMO. Still get a bit of an interaction and puts a whole different spin on the show. Really loved the soundcheck too. I think they do a great job with their VIP experiences. 

I love their Soundcheck. It's so raw and sounds better when I record it. Lol. My last VIP ticket was the most expensive and besides Soundcheck which was a little unorganized wasn't great. The VIP items were cheap and I felt rushed during photo opp.

• 4 weeks later...

I had a chance of meeting Tom at his book signing in October 2015 and I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else, I had about a 3 minute conversation. I wouldn't trade that day for the world!!!!! 

I know that's not related to the tour but it was still as incredible.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, WolfUgly said:

I had a chance of meeting Tom at his book signing in October 2015 and I wouldn't trade that experience for anything else, I had about a 3 minute conversation. I wouldn't trade that day for the world!!!!! 

I know that's not related to the tour but it was still as incredible.

Please, do tell. I feel I'll never get to meet Tom. So I'm quite envious.

• Love 1

3 hours ago, vic vinegar said:

Please, do tell. I feel I'll never get to meet Tom. So I'm quite envious.

It was pretty eventful tbh, long story short, I heard about his book signing for Poet anderson ...Of Nightmares, at the time I was 15 with no car and basically no money, Nevertheless I bought two tickets so that way I could persuade my mom to take me lol, I live in oklahoma so this was a 10+ hour drive, so I eventually over the next two months scrounged together the money for the trip, we drove through the night to chicago. But the event was at a bookstore in downers grove called Andersons ( I think) like 15 minutes outside of chicago, So we got there that day around 5pm there was probably close to 500 people I would say I can't remember but the energy in that store will always stick with me, so we just hung out with all the other fans and met a ton of great people, so the eventually while standing in line we see the back door open and of course I recognized his air force hat that he always wears and I lost my fucking mind so he stepped up on this podium and just overlooked this sea of ravenous fanatics. Of course Tom being Tom he was telling some funny stories and just interacting with everyone before the signing started, eventually It was my turn so I went to the table, and let me tell you this man is the nicest dude i've ever talked to. We talked a little about the book I kind of picked his brain on how poet anderson came about and Suzanne Young was there as well she co-wrote the book. And he also noticed I was wearing a pair of Macbeths, and he offered to sign them as well which I was overthrown that he offered to do that lol. But yeah I mean That's been the coolest thing to ever happen to me, I finally got to visit chicago and meet the coolest dude on the planet. But definitely keep an eye out for any vip packs for the AVA tour or possibly another book signing, if I was able to meet him I guarantee you can one day as well.

• Love 2

10 hours ago, Marik said:

Cool. What did u guys say/talk about in ur 3mins?

Mainly about the book, I really enjoy all of his work even outside the music cause I knew he didn't wanna hear about Blink lol, So he told me about the origins of Poet anderson His story on that has never changed, the idea came to him while he was in a hotel in paris. and I also got a little info On macbeth his shoe line.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WolfUgly said:

Mainly about the book, I really enjoy all of his work even outside the music cause I knew he didn't wanna hear about Blink lol, So he told me about the origins of Poet anderson His story on that has never changed, the idea came to him while he was in a hotel in paris. and I also got a little info On macbeth his shoe line.

I enjoy Poet and his other stuff as well, so nice to have another fan of these on the boards! He said he was stoned in Paris looking out his hotel window and pictured a little Peter Pan guy jumping across the buildings, which inspired his Poet character lol! 

• Haha 1